Indie Crew Brake and Shift Levers - Whos interested? - Page 3 - Yamaha Star Stryker Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2017, 11:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
Administrator
 
raulgarzajr.1311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Highlands, TX
Posts: 4,533
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.groove View Post
Hey guys!

Thank you for the thread! Sorry I have been participating for a while . . . just getting things in order, and pushing this whole business forward!

I have had many inquiries about the shift/brake levers, and I have a position for you.

When I first put the product up, I had an Austin Manufacturer under contract. The pricing was vetted and the kits were offered.

Well, this manufacturer not only failed to produce the parts, as he also left me hanging with pre-orders of Holy Shift itself (as some of you may know).

Since then, the challenges were many, including creating my own low volume production line of Holy Shift as well as other unanticipated events, such as a fire at the plating facility I used for anodizing, putting me begging for a space with other facilities!

Now, I do not make Holy Shift myself anymore, but the guy who developed the manufacturing with me is in the machining business with commercial production levels, which is just great, as he knows the product as well as I do, and has an exhausting quality control.

I vetted the kits with him, and we came up with a price and a group buy quantity that would allow us to make them.

The price is as posted at the store $229 for the set.
We need a group buy of 25 to make this work.

I can offer a 10% discount for all in the group.

In addition to that, whoever is the closest to me, would have the chance to be the "first production article" tester, because unfortunately, I no longer have the Stryker (she and the R1 were sold to fund the business).

The tester would get an extra 10% discount.

Lead time would be about 6 weeks.

If I remember correctly, I had 8-10 guys who bought it and I refunded, plus more inquiries I received via store.

I will do a head count and share with you guys.

Let me know your thoughts . . . I would love to see these levers come to reality!!!

Cheers!
Glad to see you back!
raulgarzajr.1311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 435
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.groove View Post
Hey guys!

Thank you for the thread! Sorry I have been participating for a while . . . just getting things in order, and pushing this whole business forward!

I have had many inquiries about the shift/brake levers, and I have a position for you.

When I first put the product up, I had an Austin Manufacturer under contract. The pricing was vetted and the kits were offered.

Well, this manufacturer not only failed to produce the parts, as he also left me hanging with pre-orders of Holy Shift itself (as some of you may know).

Since then, the challenges were many, including creating my own low volume production line of Holy Shift as well as other unanticipated events, such as a fire at the plating facility I used for anodizing, putting me begging for a space with other facilities!

Now, I do not make Holy Shift myself anymore, but the guy who developed the manufacturing with me is in the machining business with commercial production levels, which is just great, as he knows the product as well as I do, and has an exhausting quality control.

I vetted the kits with him, and we came up with a price and a group buy quantity that would allow us to make them.

The price is as posted at the store $229 for the set.
We need a group buy of 25 to make this work.

I can offer a 10% discount for all in the group.

In addition to that, whoever is the closest to me, would have the chance to be the "first production article" tester, because unfortunately, I no longer have the Stryker (she and the R1 were sold to fund the business).

The tester would get an extra 10% discount.

Lead time would be about 6 weeks.

If I remember correctly, I had 8-10 guys who bought it and I refunded, plus more inquiries I received via store.

I will do a head count and share with you guys.

Let me know your thoughts . . . I would love to see these levers come to reality!!!

Cheers!
Thanks for following up and welcome back! sorry its been a hard run on what looks like a great product.

To clarify: the shift/brake levers are not an option; just the holy shift kits...is that right?
Maademperor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
Hero Member
 
angelgarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Lee, NJ
Posts: 1,361
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maademperor View Post
Thanks for following up and welcome back! sorry its been a hard run on what looks like a great product.

To clarify: the shift/brake levers are not an option; just the holy shift kits...is that right?

Actually this looks like the shift and brake levers are on the table because $229 is what the levers are listed for. If that is truly the case then count me in. Looking forward to this one as I was one of the first to pre-order them.
__________________
angelgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.groove View Post
Hey guys!

Thank you for the thread! Sorry I have been participating for a while . . . just getting things in order, and pushing this whole business forward!

I have had many inquiries about the shift/brake levers, and I have a position for you.

When I first put the product up, I had an Austin Manufacturer under contract. The pricing was vetted and the kits were offered.

Well, this manufacturer not only failed to produce the parts, as he also left me hanging with pre-orders of Holy Shift itself (as some of you may know).

Since then, the challenges were many, including creating my own low volume production line of Holy Shift as well as other unanticipated events, such as a fire at the plating facility I used for anodizing, putting me begging for a space with other facilities!

Now, I do not make Holy Shift myself anymore, but the guy who developed the manufacturing with me is in the machining business with commercial production levels, which is just great, as he knows the product as well as I do, and has an exhausting quality control.

I vetted the kits with him, and we came up with a price and a group buy quantity that would allow us to make them.

The price is as posted at the store $229 for the set.
We need a group buy of 25 to make this work.

I can offer a 10% discount for all in the group.

In addition to that, whoever is the closest to me, would have the chance to be the "first production article" tester, because unfortunately, I no longer have the Stryker (she and the R1 were sold to fund the business).

The tester would get an extra 10% discount.

Lead time would be about 6 weeks.

If I remember correctly, I had 8-10 guys who bought it and I refunded, plus more inquiries I received via store.

I will do a head count and share with you guys.

Let me know your thoughts . . . I would love to see these levers come to reality!!!

Cheers!
Count me in.
vadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 12:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 435
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgarcia View Post
Actually this looks like the shift and brake levers are on the table because $229 is what the levers are listed for. If that is truly the case then count me in. Looking forward to this one as I was one of the first to pre-order them.
sorry, brain fart. think the word kit got stuck in my mind so I was thinking about the holy shift kit (that comes with the shift and brake pegs).

count me in too then
Maademperor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Ontario, Ca
Posts: 16
Default

Looks good, count me in.
Strykerrider1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 184
Default

Of course im in. The current arms are pathetic. Drilled mine but still looks like ****.
amaskedman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Full Member
 
BDS369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 98
Garage
Default

Count me in
__________________


We move in circles
Balanced all the while
On a gleaming razor's edge

A perfect sphere
Colliding with our fate
This story ends where it began
BDS369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Hero Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 553
Garage
Default

Hey guys,

I have a head count that shows:

- 9 previously ordered and refunded;
- 4 potential buyers from store inquiries.

Now, some of them may overlap with you guys here . . . Hard for me to determine because of the usernames . . . Also I can't post their names or emails here without consent.

So, if 10 out of the 13 potential buyers would be in, we need 15 more.

I will send emails out to those who I have the contact and see what comes back.

Cheers!
__________________
There is only one true measure of success: Happiness!

website: http://indie-crew.com
On-line Store: http://indie-crew.myshopify.com


mr.groove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2017, 04:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Hero Member
 
flpsmlps20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arundel, Maine
Posts: 679
Default

I'm still interested

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
__________________
flpsmlps20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Star Stryker Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brake and clutch levers terrypop69 My Questions 8 08-07-2016 10:44 AM
WTB stock black brake and clutch levers. xxjxxoxxexx Classifieds 6 04-08-2016 01:12 PM
WTB Black brake and clutch levers xxjxxoxxexx Classifieds 14 04-02-2016 01:47 PM
Clutch and Brake levers xxjxxoxxexx My Questions 7 01-13-2014 09:32 PM
Shifter and brake levers Vetteman86 General Stryker Discussion 3 06-13-2012 05:03 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL3
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum strong>Kawasaki Z125 Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Honda Africa Twin Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Victory Charger Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
BMW Scrambler Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum
YamahaStarStryker.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on YamahaStarStryker.com is generated by its users and YamahaStarStryker.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.