Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Ohio Stryker owner [hopefully]

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  bigtmane 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Early next week I am going to look at a Stryker to purchase. I've had my eye on that bike (and this forum) for a while now!! So whether I buy one next week or not, I know this is the bike for me.

I am looking for some pointers. It's a 2011, I am not sure of the exact model yet, but it has around 10k miles, Ivan's flash, exposed air filter, V&H exhaust.

Are there any red flags I should look for on the 2011? Any and all comments / help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance !!!

#2 ·
Hi bigtmane, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. I've only owned my Stryker since December of last year so can't offer any wisdom. Sounds like a good beginning with the mods. Depending on your height I would add the 3" control extensions. Mine also had just under 10K on the odometer. I went a bit crazy on the personalization factor. Enjoy the people, the forum, and cruisin' on your Stryker.

Attachments

#7 ·
Thanks!!
I have seen the 240 upgrade... But I read online that sometimes they can rub? But I'm not sure if that's on all models or just certain years. I havent really looked much into yet. But when it's time, I'll look into it.

I'm going to search for common issues w the 2011 so I can keep an eye out.

#10 ·
Hi NastiNick, I was kind of concerned with how it looked and the size, but once I got it painted I love it. Blocks all the wind even with the short windshield. I'm 6' tall and it redirects the air over my helmet. Got a mini USB for music and can hear the stereo comfortably at 70 mph. BTW, very cool bike. :) Last I checked there was a referral bonus where you get $50 bucks off and I get $50 (don't know if that is still in effect) https://www.tsukayu.com/Bike_Yamaha_stryker.html

#14 ·
man i dont blame you. i wanted the corbin seat for my volusia... i just never got around to it. the stock seat seems to offer decent back support, but not much azz support lol.

but i have no idea, i only sat on one stryker, and it was sold at a dealership, and i begged the employee to let me try it out, he was cool about it. i think the new one has a mustang seat tho. not sure what to expect from that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.