New to the Forum - Yamaha Star Stryker Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 8
Default New to the Forum

Hello all!

Signed up for the forum a few days ago as I'm on the hunt for more information on mods and upgrades.


Grew up around motorcycles (Dad has been riding for 50ish years) so I couldn't stay away. Years ago I got myself a V-Star 650 Midnight Custom to learn on and upgraded last year to a 2014 Stryker. LOVE THIS BIKE!


So far I've got the Vance & Hines twin-slash staggered exhaust and (not shown) 3" forward controls extensions installed. Hoping to be getting some new bars/risers soon, then intake & a power/tuning module of some sort. Maybe eventually the 240 rear tire but one thing at a time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garage.jpg (128.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Camping.jpg (457.9 KB, 13 views)
Hagär is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-10-2020, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hero Member
 
preacherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Kennywoods backyard
Posts: 760
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagär View Post
Hello all!

Signed up for the forum a few days ago as I'm on the hunt for more information on mods and upgrades.


Grew up around motorcycles (Dad has been riding for 50ish years) so I couldn't stay away. Years ago I got myself a V-Star 650 Midnight Custom to learn on and upgraded last year to a 2014 Stryker. LOVE THIS BIKE!


So far I've got the Vance & Hines twin-slash staggered exhaust and (not shown) 3" forward controls extensions installed. Hoping to be getting some new bars/risers soon, then intake & a power/tuning module of some sort. Maybe eventually the 240 rear tire but one thing at a time.
Welcome! Don’t waste your money on a fuel programmer, either spend the money on a custom dunk tune or look into www.Ivansperformace.com you send in your ECU and he downloads the program as well as removes or adjusts other parameters that make the bike much more fun to drive.
If your on Facebook look up Stryker page most of the guys are on there and will give a quick answer. I prefer the forum as I’m old.
__________________


For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead (James 2:26) ESV
preacherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
Welcome! Don’t waste your money on a fuel programmer, either spend the money on a custom dunk tune or look into www.Ivansperformace.com you send in your ECU and he downloads the program as well as removes or adjusts other parameters that make the bike much more fun to drive.
If your on Facebook look up Stryker page most of the guys are on there and will give a quick answer. I prefer the forum as I’m old.


I've looked into it, sounds great but my bike is my daily driver for the most part so I can't be without it for as long as it would take to get it back from Ivan.

Custom dunk tune? I'm assuming similar but haven't heard that before. Any additional information on what that is?
Hagär is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2020, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 42
Default

Welcome. +1 on Ivan's flash. Hes pretty quick too. Flashed mine the day he received it and had it back in the box same day.
308mack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2020, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hero Member
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver,Canada
Posts: 1,045
Default

Welcome. Flash away!
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2020, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: So. Arizona, 20 minutes from Tombstone
Posts: 193
Garage
Default

Hi Hagär, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Good to have you on board. Enjoy the people, the forum, and cruisin' on your Stryker.


Be careful, one thing at a time adds up. :-)


r/ Michael, Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army (Retired)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before and After.jpg (237.0 KB, 3 views)
__________________
Michael --
AZ STRKR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2020, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ STRKR View Post
Hi Hagär, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Good to have you on board. Enjoy the people, the forum, and cruisin' on your Stryker.


Be careful, one thing at a time adds up. :-)


r/ Michael, Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army (Retired)
Ain't that the truth! But its such a beautiful platform of a bike to build up.
Hagär is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Star Stryker Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL3
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum strong>Kawasaki Z125 Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Honda Africa Twin Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
BMW Scrambler Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum
YamahaStarStryker.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on YamahaStarStryker.com is generated by its users and YamahaStarStryker.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.