Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Should I have a voltmeter for home garage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in the ignition switch is the 12V switched power? (or I've seen fuse box recommended, but it has it's own fuses etc, just need it to cutoff when bike's off).
The manual recommends hooking to the starter switch. I don't have a multimeter or perhaps could check. (Don't wanna do the one at a time method, of course it'll blow the Cam Computer.)
It's just a single wire to turn on/off the Dashcam when power comes on.
THX!
PS I labeled them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to simplify anyone kind or special enough to answer lolz.
Light Gas Auto part Electrical wiring Machine

Here it is for those who'll ask (Seems pretty solid so far, $99, Phone App, even directions are functional) VSYSTO Motorcycle Video Driving Recorder No Screen Dash Cam 2 Channels Lens Front & Rear Dual 1080P Backup Camera with WiFi Night Vision G-Sensor Loop Recording

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On 2nd thought now that I see a large photo instead of in the sun w/ my real eyes, these all appear to be mounting screws? Get a clue FTW.
Where in the ignition switch is the 12V switched power? (or I've seen fuse box recommended, but it has it's own fuses etc, just need it to cutoff when bike's off).
The manual recommends hooking to the starter switch. I don't have a multimeter or perhaps could check. (Don't wanna do the one at a time method, of course it'll blow the Cam Computer.)
It's just a single wire to turn on/off the Dashcam when power comes on.
THX!
PS I labeled them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to simplify anyone kind or special enough to answer lolz.
View attachment 124138

Here it is for those who'll ask (Seems pretty solid so far, $99, Phone App, even directions are functional) VSYSTO Motorcycle Video Driving Recorder No Screen Dash Cam 2 Channels Lens Front & Rear Dual 1080P Backup Camera with WiFi Night Vision G-Sensor Loop Recording

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,132 Posts
They are mounting screws. There is a empty switched unused plug in the headlight bucket, do not butcher the start stop switch. There is also the same setup under the mud flap license plate/turn signal bunch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are mounting screws. There is a empty switched unused plug in the headlight bucket, do not butcher the start stop switch. There is also the same setup under the mud flap license plate/turn signal bunch.
"Butcher".
Thank you for the warning. If I were my girlfriend, I'd say you just called me stupid. :)
I didn't though because thanks so much for such quick direction! I had too much going on.
Headlights aftermarket I bought it with are installed; 2 separate LED units one for high and low.
I'll check there hoping I recognize it. I'm sure you'll hear back either way. Much appreciated already.
Actually may be easier on that taillight...

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,132 Posts
It’s a small 4 pin black connector. Easy to recognize as nothing is connected to the pigtail it may be wrapped in tape been so long I don’t remember. You, stupid? I would never unless you bought me a light beer. 🍻 I have seen guys try to use the wiring from the switches only to come back and have power issues. I’ll look to see if I have pics of the pigtail I may.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, no electrical issues do I want!
I just brought beer to a new mechanics shop as the manager got mad at me for wanting buy tires myself at $100 less each and have them install. It became a whole thing but they finally agreed. I did NOT bring them light beer lolz I brought choices. One of those nasty IPAs and a good white wheat Belgian.
Pictures always help I won't be mad lolz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts