Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 2011 Raven Stryker for sale on Facebook Marketplace.
Its got just over 17,000 miles, and has a 240 Rear tire, and Ivan's Performance Tune.
I am the original owner, and recently bought at 2014 Raider.
Thanks

2011 Raven Stryker

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not local to you, but looking for some feedback.. I have a Bolt right now, looking for something bigger, heavily considering a Stryker. I've only sat on one, never ridden. It seems quite comfortable for a 6'1 guy. But I have ridden my friend's Raider, and that was a nice ride, though a bit more bike than I'd prefer. Having ridden both, besides the obvious difference in power, how would you say the two compare as far as rideability and such? I'm starting to look into pros and cons of the Stryker. I'd like to do some weekend trips, and the Bolt just isn't geared well for the highway, though it's great around town.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not local to you, but looking for some feedback.. I have a Bolt right now, looking for something bigger, heavily considering a Stryker. I've only sat on one, never ridden. It seems quite comfortable for a 6'1 guy. But I have ridden my friend's Raider, and that was a nice ride, though a bit more bike than I'd prefer. Having ridden both, besides the obvious difference in power, how would you say the two compare as far as rideability and such? I'm starting to look into pros and cons of the Stryker. I'd like to do some weekend trips, and the Bolt just isn't geared well for the highway, though it's great around town.
coming from a bolt and a raider, the stryker is the best cruiser bike imho. The difference from the bolt is you feel like youre sitting in the bike on the stryker vs on the bike on the bolt. The power is is not sufficient on bolt and it has very short gears. The factory seat on the bolt is super small width wise and if you ever take passengers, its unbearable. Only downside on stryker is turning in parking lots/slow speeds takes time getting used to otherwise stryker is the better bike in all other aspects(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the Stryker over the Raider, and 3 rides later, i wished i had gotten the Raider instead.

It may seem like it's a lot of bike, but what i would recommend is, go into a parking lot, and practice all your low-speed maneuvering until you feel very comfortable, and the Raider will not feel like so much bike after all. ...especially for a tall guy like you! i'm a small guy at 135 lbs, and i have no trouble handling either of these bikes.

I think you will appreciate the power of the Raider more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My gripe with the raider is you're not getting that much power that you can actually feel in comparison to the Stryker. Also it's a pain in the ass to turn around in your driveway or garage, Stryker is already heavy as is. And the styling on the Stryker is so much more unique, get so much more compliments from it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts