Yamaha Star Stryker banner

2012 H.D VROD

6K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  dejablu110 
#1 ·
Fellow Riders-

Anyone ride the 2012 VROD? It is supposed to have more kick than the stryker and is now redesigned to have a more comfortable riding position. My neighbor is a salesman at the HD store and is urging me to give a test ride. I do know it has 115HP compared to my strykers 80hp ( that includes all my aftermarket work).

thoughts?

#5 ·
Starts at $15,299. But you'll spend a sh**load more in maintenance!

It is a nice looking bike though....

#6 ·
I have found that what they say as far as hp, on paper, and the actual hp are two different things. They said the raiders had around 96 or so and when we dynod it was actually 91 or so....with pipes. I love the look of the HD muscle and have liked the vrods....but really??? 115 hp eh.

#10 ·
As for the riding position. I rode the older VRODs and did not like the erogonomics. But the 2012, is supposed have a different riding position. I am going to take her for an extended test drive on Tuesday. If I love it, who knows, I just might trade in. If it's similiar to my stryker, then their will be no point to make the switch. It will be have to mind blowing for me to switch

#13 ·
I seriously considered the vrod before I found the Stryker. One mod I was going to do was change the handlebars out to a set that would moved the controls back. I sat on one with this mod and it was much more comfortable.

Greyman, just curious but what is the reason you are considering a change? To each his own, but I'm just curious.

#15 ·
I love the style the Vrod Muscle has but ill pass on things like MODS since they will cost 10k if you want to add things... just a guestimate.... saw on another post that someone wanted to add a 240 tire but would cost him 4k with all the MODs thats needed..... If i had the loot maybe but i would probably just end up getting the Raider oooorrr...... The Yamaha V-Maxx!!

#19 ·
The VROD is in compitition with the Victory Hammer. I'd be buying the Victory over the HD any day. Not only a better build and nicer looking bike, but faster.

The big news is that HD has discontinued the Rocker C. This is the bike I was going to buy if I found a bag of money. I guess this now means that the 2012 Yamaha Stryker will beat the 2012 Rocker C on a side by side comparison in HD forums. ;)

#20 ·
MY said:
The big news is that HD has discontinued the Rocker C. This is the bike I was going to buy if I found a bag of money. I guess this now means that the 2012 Yamaha Stryker will beat the 2012 Rocker C on a side by side comparison in HD forums. ;)
Same here, was looking at the Rocker for a while but could not bring myself to part with that much money. Glad i never did and found the stryker, fits me much better and was alot easier on my pockets.

#23 ·
I realize this is a Yamaha forum, and yes I love my stryker. BUT seriously, HD does not, DOES NOT have higher costs. My 93 FLHTP has just over 73,xxx miles on the clock and I can say without hesitation it will fire up whenever I want it to, no questions asked. I love my HD and truely don't understand why everyone on here has such HATE for the HD. I will keep my two bikes, my stryker and my HD.

#24 ·
hey 2wheeler, dont confuse passion for the stryker in a styker forum for a HATE of the HD. this is nowhere different than an apple computer guy saying that his pc crashes less than a microsoft computer. and at the same time the microsoft computer guy is saying his is built better. its just a matter of preference............ albeit in a hence slanted tilt towards OUR bikes. but nonetheless we all respect each other rides, and that we ride at the very least. great for you that you ride both. i ride one, you have the luxery i dont. ease up the gas... pull the clutch.

#26 ·
i'll put it like this. we don't hate HD or their riders. it's just friendly ribbing like you do with your family members or branches of military give other branches ****. i'm an airman but if i saw some guys giving a soldier **** i would most definitely take my butt over there and throw if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.