Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 Bullet Cowl from El Cajon Motorsports Purchased on Black Friday in Nov 14. I have completed what someone that I have had discussions with called the "Murdered Look" due to all the "Blacked Out" things I have already done. So I'm Sharing with all of you. Let me know what you think:
Low and Mean Fork and Gator Tube blackout kit/top fork caps
Low and Mean Chin scoop Radiator Cover with relocated Fuel Evapor canister
Brake Away Cruise Control (Can't black out that part)
Kurakyn Black Handle Grip with the Weighted ends
Switched out to Yamaha Raider rear view mirrors (Taller and Wider for me)
1.25 inch Handle Bar Risers (found on Ebay $69.95)
Plasti-Coated front Head light Ring (DIY)
Debaffled Blacking out Exhaust tips (I Like the looks of stock just want a little deeper sound)
Ian's ECU Flash (discussed on the Forum here)
All passenger & rider foot and Break Pedal pegs Powder Coated or Plasti-coated.
All Stickers remover from side covers and Tank (Good thing those were all on top of the clear coat) tank side stripes and name remain (proud of Stryker Name.
Next I will try to find a Set of Saddle bags that just look right on the Bike (Chapparel Motor Sports San Bernardino, CA - Huge Selection).

Hope you all like my project, the Wife cringes every time I think of something new LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Below the text input section is a button that says manage attachments. click on that and its pretty simple after that. You can also use an image hosting site I believe. Cant wait to see the pictures. I love the murdered out look. I hate chrome.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im looking at getting the cowl and painting it to match my year. A little pricey but when it looks good to me its worth it. I just don't like the MS batwing or bullet cowl. I do like the looks of what Yami did with that bike. Figures 6 months after I buy mine they come out with one better. Sweet ride sir.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
The chroho in me will not keep me from saying that is a sweet looking bike EE. Don't see the breakaway in the pics. It could not be powder coated? Get that, the gas cap and a couple nuts PC'd and there won't be any chrome on the bike at all! Good job man!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Do you have a link for the risers?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do the mirrors bolt right in or do they require modification?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To Answer the 2 postS before this one. Yes they say you cannot use your original signal lights, but I like my new small leds that came stock on the 2015's so I have a gunsmith buddy with a big lathe we measures to exact length which for my bike was 7 5/8 inch or 144mm. I re-epoxyed the nylon spacer that keeps the tube from moving around against the upper fork and Ta-Da worked perfectly. It was not as easy to get them on as their video describes but that was made to their dimentions. a little WD-40 was the trick, the hard rubber on the signal lights allowed for very minor error in measurement, but they fit just fine. I was already prepared to use an O-ring just in case I had a gap I got both the Metric and Standard O-Ring kits from Harbor Freight and they had all the sizes and thickness that I might have needed for pretty cheep too. Answer for the second post, the Raider Mirrors were exact fit replacement for the stock Stryker mirror no issues at all. They set up further and out just a little farther and my 1.25 inch handle Bar Riser's help even more to get my sight around my shoulders. The risers were found on Ebay and was just the right size for my comfort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Beautiful machine. I have a 2013 in black. Newb question, what is the purpose of the handlebar risers?

Also, how do you like the new yami bullet cowl. I am 6'3 and am looking for something to help with the wind. Not to worried about wind in the face, just off the chest would be nice. My concern is having it catching my helmet, and pulling it back. I have been looking at the MS bullet fairing.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Beautiful machine. I have a 2013 in black. Newb question, what is the purpose of the handlebar risers?

Also, how do you like the new yami bullet cowl. I am 6'3 and am looking for something to help with the wind. Not to worried about wind in the face, just off the chest would be nice. My concern is having it catching my helmet, and pulling it back. I have been looking at the MS bullet fairing.
Risers will give you height and/or pullback on your arms riding position. it can make you more comfortable but bringing the bars closer and in a higher position. its all in what you want or makes you more comfortable. For me i have not had a problem, then again, i have never ridden with any kind of riser. This should help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTFpIzxluLc

1 - 20 of 43 Posts