Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community! Purchasing subject next week - 1.7K miles, $5k (not bad deal in my opinion. isn't it?). My first first first bike, no previous experience. 6'5 240Lb person. My first question here - why the Bullet Cowl stays separately from other Strykers? Even in KBB Motorcycles you can chose Stryker, then next position - Stryker Bullet Cowl. What is the difference, to make Bullet Cowl like a different bike from other Strykers? Thank you!

·
Registered
668 Posts
first, welcome to the site, the stryker was my first ever bike too, you made a good choice.
second, definitely a good price on that!
third, 2015 was the first year they offered with a bullet cowl (and without a bullet cowl). the 2015 camo green (which we both have now!) is the first bullet cowl version; I'm pretty sure the non-cowl version that year was blue. short answer, the difference is just the cowl or no cowl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the clear explanation. As my not experienced rider status, im planning to purchase first - crash bars, then, by information from this forum and my height - 3" pegs extensions. Will update my profile with photos as soon as i get my bike. Im driving eighteenwheeler for government hazardous material company in my main life. Will see how i can handle this baby :) Thank you!

·
Registered
668 Posts
the crash bars are a good addition, especially since you are so tall you can actually use them as highway pegs too (at 6 feet and 31 inseam mine don't quite make it). I really like the quality on the lindybars.

good luck, be safe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts