Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been all thru this forum looking for the actual specs for the 23 inch front tire and wheel mod, for use with the stock forks. Although I've read the different threads on this subject, none of them seem to have the actual dimensions for the 23 inch tire and wheel listed in them.

Does anyone actually have this info, and can you share it please? I have a 2015 Stryker, and I'm considering making this mod. I did the extensions on the front forks, the handlebars, the foot controls, dropped the back end, and switched to the 240 rear tire. Changing out the stock front tire and wheel is pretty much all that is left.

I also reached out to Low and Mean, but they said they do not have any specs left from when they did this with the Stryker a few years back.

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,086 Posts
I can’t remember how much room there is under front fender, I have a wrap fender and there is 3/16” between tire and fender. If I would go to larger I would need a new wrap fender for the 23”. I imagine same with stock fender, I think I remember the front rotor stays in the same place so braking should be the same. There is a couple who have a 23 set up on here.

I do remember that there is no bolt on option for us with out hubs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t remember how much room there is under front fender, I have a wrap fender and there is 3/16” between tire and fender. If I would go to larger I would need a new wrap fender for the 23”. I imagine same with stock fender, I think I remember the front rotor stays in the same place so braking should be the same. There is a couple who have a 23 set up on here.

I do remember that there is no bolt on option for us with out hubs.
The fender is not going to be an issue for now. I can ride without a front fender, and Low & Mean has a wrap around fender that fits the 23 inch tire. I just need to try and figure out the dimensions needed for the tire and wheel to fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts