Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,084 Posts
I ran one didn’t like it wore very fast like stock. I now run Avon Cobra chrome. Same size! Love it. Yes fits, I did have to add two washers to my lower belt guard to space it outta prevent rubbing- others didn’t have the same issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep that size works. I swap to that tire years ago. I personally get more mileage than the stock tire.

·
Premium Member
2011 XVS 1300 CAB
12 Posts
That’s what I have on my 2011. Handles really well but, like the others 👆👆👆👆👆 said, it wears much quicker than most of the other choices. Also, I have mine lowered 1” with the PCS kit and I stiffened up the pre load 2 clicks on the rear shock (I’m 5’6” but I swear most 5’2” people have longer legs than me 😂). 99% if the time it’s totally fine, but occasionally I’ll hit a big bump or pothole that I didn’t notice. As a result I do have decent sized gouge from one of the times I bottomed out (I’m also fat…no wait, husky…so this bottoming out thing happens to me way more often than I’d like to admit 🤣)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
It fits but from what I have read it is harder to mount than say an Avon(what I run) for some shops. As long as they have the normal/decent equipment it should be fine to mount. If they are a small mom-n-pop place than maybe not BUT my guy that works out of his garage had no issue with the 2 Avons he installed for me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have one of these on? Will this fit my 2012 Stryker without issue? View attachment 123893
Hey guys, probably a bit late to answer your question but here goes anyway. I have a 2016 Stryker and I am running that exact tire in the rear. Yes it did fit perfectly but the clearance left between the lower belt guard and the outside wall of the tire was about 3mm. This just made me very uncomfortable, one good jostle while riding with a good lean and I just knew it would end up rubbing, for the price I just paid to have both tires installed I definitely was not going to risk the damage. Grab a pencil and a flashlight, if the tire is installed look inside the tire and belt guard area (see how close it is to rubbing) make a mark approximately 1/2 inch to the left and 1/2 inch to the right of that edge of the tire wall and about 1/8 inch in should be plenty, you decide tho. Then remove the lower plastic/composite belt guard by unscrewing the couple of bolts and carefully but with a little strength roll the guard in a motion towards you NOT towards the opposite side of the bike and pull down off the belt. I used a fine tooth hobby hack saw to cut and then some fine sandpaper to clean up the cut with. Reverse to reinstall. I just saw a Raider last weekend that had the 240 on it but he had the chrome Cobra belt cover and low and behold had shredded that edge of the wall. The 240 performs amazing, you can lean and stay for days!
I'll watch for questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts