Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,154 Posts
I have ridden with a plugged 240- 3000 miles no issues. Using the proper plug and vulcanizing it, will yield the best results don’t be shy with the glue. I always check my tire pressures before every ride, just a habit.

·
Super Moderator
859 Posts
Easy to fix with a plug kit. Head to a gas station with air, and read (re-read) the instructions on how to pull out the screw, pop in the rubber glue blob and pull it partway out. I rode for a couple hundred km like that without a problem before getting a new tire.

What you don't want on the 240 is to have the air drain right out and break the bead on the tire. That would require a tow as the tire will not reseat the bead unless the bike is up off the ground.

Don't stress about it too much - first time I tried the plug fell out and I quickly jammed the screw back in, got a new plug ready and it worked fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This goes against most of our members advice, and if you follow what I did, you’re doing so at your own risk…
Two seasons ago I picked up, what I thought was a nail in almost exactly the same spot. It wasn’t a nail. It was the flat side of a quick-chuck drill bit!!! Lesson learned: don’t ride the local steel yard. Anyway, I ended up plugging the tire (COPIOUS amounts of glue and the largest/thickest plug the kit came with). That was two seasons ago. Now. I will admit I checked the pressure DAILY after the repair, and before/after every ride for almost two months. I still check it frequently, and it holds with no loss. YMMV tho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts