Yamaha Star Stryker banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
8,693 Posts
No one is going to be able to convince you if you are looking for reasons not to like it. I'm definitely a peg scraper. I run my bike pretty hard in the turns and I have no issues with the tire. It handles whatever I'm giving it. It's infinitely better than the 210. There really is no comparison between the two as far as handling is concerned. After this weekend, I know the tire handles the wet roads well too.
Exactly, well said. Also when you are hard leaning on that 210 in a turn- you are on the very edge of the tire. Not good IMO.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Exactly, well said. Also when you are hard leaning on that 210 in a turn- you are on the very edge of the tire. Not good IMO.
I think it's on the edge hard and maybe even passed it's limits.:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Michelin CII all the way...It's my third tire on the Michelin CII don't see me going any other tire. I went with the 240 because I was in a pinch...I needed the tire ASAP and I really wanted the Michelin CII and the don't make the 210. The 240 works great. This is my first big tire experience. I ride 2 up 98% of the time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've been reading a lot about pros and cons of 240 rear tire, but haven't seen a lot of pictures, especially before and after ones... Anyone care to fill this gap? It'd be nice to have some visualization of the awesomeness everyone is talking about :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found the rim/tire look better with the 240. Looks like the rim was made for the bigger tire.

I took the rim and tire into the garage and when they brought it out it was like Christmas.

Wow

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I've been reading a lot about pros and cons of 240 rear tire, but haven't seen a lot of pictures, especially before and after ones... Anyone care to fill this gap? It'd be nice to have some visualization of the awesomeness everyone is talking about :)
I have a side by side photo I took of a 210 bike next to a 240 bike and the 210 actually looked wider to me as I was riding behind them.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Is it this one
That's the one...the angle doesn't prove my point as well as I thought it did but I do remember being a little disappointed in them being so similar in width. I want a really fat tire in the back but I don't want to spend the $ on a custom rim and it's about tire time so I will be going to a 240 in the next 2-3 months.

·
Registered
115 Posts
you will have to get a wider rim and spend the cash to see the actual difference in the two, I totally understand about the cash I want to get a wider wheel myself just gotta wait for the right time

·
Registered
906 Posts
I know a lot of people do it..I just worry about squeezing a wider tire on a smaller rim. Other than getting a few more tire options not sure it's really worth the hassle. No idea why they can't make a 210 cii... Id be all over that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's the one...the angle doesn't prove my point as well as I thought it did but I do remember being a little disappointed in them being so similar in width. I want a really fat tire in the back but I don't want to spend the $ on a custom rim and it's about tire time so I will be going to a 240 in the next 2-3 months.
Agree on the angle. But they do look pretty much the same

·
Registered
133 Posts
Had my tire changed out to an Avon Cobra 240 yesterday. Took some before and after pictures if it helps anyone. My observations after about 30 minutes riding (and note that I only have about 10k miles riding experience total): 1) It looks badass! 2) It leans easier and hold a line better. 3) I didn't think I'd ever be able to tell, but I definitely notice the increase in ride height (I'm only a 1/2" higher, right?) - I'll be lowering it an inch this weekend.

Something I'm not happy with is the weights used in balancing the tire - they look like ****!! Tell me there's a better way...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
+1 on this :thumb: I change to this when I chromed my rims. I do feel the tire is unbalance when the temperature drops to around high 40's and the bike is been sitting in my garage for more than a week, but it would quickly re balance itself after half a mile or so. I just use it as an indicator that my tires are warm enough to be a little adventurous.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just got the Avon 240 on.
It brings the speedometer to within 2 kilometers per hour according to my GPS.
The ride is noticeably better and the bike is so much more fluid entering and exiting turns.
It's a completely different handling bike. Such an improvement.
Never returning to the 210.
240 Tire.jpg

41 - 60 of 76 Posts