Yamaha Star Stryker banner

240 Rear Tire

38K views 47 replies 29 participants last post by  jeff281 
It sounds like the 240 might be the better choice of the 2. There is a post where the sidewall is pinched with the 250 causing the contact patch not to be even. Now I talked to a chopper shop and he really likes the metzler because it don't "grow". He is able to put the rear fender closer the the tire with them compared to the Avon. With our back fender being attached to the frame it's not as big of a concern unless you go with a big drop, ride 2 up with a drop or if you are a big boy with a drop.

Yamaha must not have put on a "factory" tire..... The service guy at the shop where I got my bike told me he has ordered the same brand and style of tires as factory and they will last about double of what was put on from factory.

Johnboy said:
You should also notice that your legs are stretched slightly more to reach the ground.
lol never noticed that, I've only been on it 1 time since I had new tire put on, but I did put on over 200 miles with it mostly interstate so feet never really touched the ground but I did notice it was more like sitting on a standard with exception of legs being forward vs being on a standard....... but with that being said I see a drop in the near future, I miss the lazy boy feeling.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.