Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 stryker
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very hard to find 34 mm clamps to add to bike frame ( for hwy pegs ) , without of course adding a crash bar.
So does anyone know of a proven way to use 1- 1/2 inch clamps and beef up the frame size? They sell inserts that will lessen the diameter of the clamps, but I'm not sure if that wouldn't mess up the integrity of the setup. Don't want to be having them come loose. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You could bond some rubber strip material to the frame to increase the diameter and clamp to it.

Or check out your local hardware store for the rolls of cut to length rubber tubing. Find one that will have a similar ID to the OD of the frame. Buy a foot and cut as necessary to fit and clamp it on.

Or if you have access to a 3D printer make 2 halves of a tube that could wrap around the frame. Make it slightly wider than the clamp width and add and add raised edge lips to keep the clamp in place. Use a little adhesive to bond the tube halves in place on the frame.

I'd try to bond a material like rubber to the frame and clamp to that to help keep the clamp from rotating.

·
Registered
65 Posts
-I'd try to bond a material like rubber to the frame and clamp to that to help keep the clamp from rotating-.

A stripe of vulcanizable rubber melts each other, It's good for that; I used them for steel only pegs, after I had to cut them cos was impossible to unroll.., like chewing gum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts