Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Stryker
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last couple of days, I have lost the ability to view attachments. I get a pop-up that says I do not have permission to access the file. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

Sucks when someone posts a pic and you can't look at it....

·
Registered
2012 Stryker
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw same issue. If I upload through the Tapatalk app it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried tapatalk because I never use my phone. I just tried logging in with my phone and it's still the same except it just says broken image.

If no-one else is having this issue then it must have something to do with my account. I've tried logging in on other computers but it's still the same, I don't have permission. I've cleared my cache, tried other browsers all to no avail. I sent the admin a pm a couple days ago but still haven't heard back.

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
860 Posts
Same here with Android or windows 10.

·
Administrator
178 Posts
Hey there,

We have been migrating our sites over to Google Cloud in order to help with outages and site speed, as well as added security. While doing this change, we are also converting the site to https. which you can read more about here https://techterms.com/definition/https

You may have noticed these changes may be causing some site issues. We are working with Google and VB to help us find long term solutions to these issues instead of bandage fixes and patches that seem to break more than they repair.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope to have the forums back up and running normally ASAP.

Community Support Team

·
Registered
17 Posts
good to know.. I had recently updated my router and thought they had added a lot of security updates that were blocking the images. Thanks Deezel for posting this.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I found this in another Forum, maybe it will help?

I'm receiving the error messages when trying to view pictures, too. The messages mention a URL ending in /vbseo.php, which is an old search engine optimization PHP script. This is bad.

The vbseo.php script was withdrawn from support several years ago, and some vulnerabilities were found in it (including remote-code execution) and announced in late 2014/early 2015. From a security website (https://blog.sucuri.net/2015/01/seri...-on-vbseo.html):

Serious Vulnerability in VBSEO
JANUARY 8, 2015 DANIEL CID

The vBulletin team sent an email yesterday to all their clients about a potential security vulnerability in VBSEO. VBSEO is a widely used SEO module for vBulletin that was discontinued last year. This makes the problem worse, as no patches will be released for it.

If you are using VBSEO, you have 3 options:

Completely remove VBSEO from your site – It is not supported anymore
Apply the patch recommended by the vBulletin team
Put your site behind a Website Firewall, this will prevent the exploitation of this vulnerability and many others.
Our research team is looking at this issue and it seems to be a remote, unauthenticated script (HTML) injection vulnerability. It might lead to a full remote command execution, but we have not confirmed it yet. That’s as serious as it can get, since an attacker can use that to inject malware, spam or take down the site.

Update: We have since confirmed that remote code execution vulnerability does in fact exist, which is why the following recommendations should be followed immediately for all affected VBSEO websites.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with someone with vBulletin web server shell access, they should follow the published directions and remove the VBSEO script (along with all its parts).

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Just my luck. I posted for the first time in a long time in my build thread, and my pictures are not viewable. Hopefully they get it fixed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts