Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a red wire in the harness just ahead of the tank with 12v, connect the outlet to that and and a frame ground . Works fine . Not sure if this is connected to my kickstand switch circuit , can't find diagram on line . Bike wont turn over in gear with stand up and clutch in .

·
Registered
35 Posts
If so try turning the switch on. I have a usb outlet on mine with a switch and I just ran the wires to the battery. Also added a fuse for protection.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
916 Posts
Will the bike start in neutral? I’m guessing not. Or won’t start at all? Do you have power when key and main switch is on?
Looking at diagram the side stand switch is connected to the fuel pump relay and the relay is connected to fuel injection fuse there is a red wire between them. Also the main switch has a red wire. It’s sounds as if you interrupted that circuit, gonna have to remove the 12v outlet . There is a 12 v source Unused - inside the headlight bucket if you don’t want to do what most of us did like madman connect from battery with fused connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If so try turning the switch on. I have a usb outlet on mine with a switch and I just ran the wires to the battery. Also added a fuse for protection.
no switch
Will the bike start in neutral? I’m guessing not. Or won’t start at all? Do you have power when key and main switch is on?
Looking at diagram the side stand switch is connected to the fuel pump relay and the relay is connected to fuel injection fuse there is a red wire between them. Also the main switch has a red wire. It’s sounds as if you interrupted that circuit, gonna have to remove the 12v outlet . There is a 12 v source Unused - inside the headlight bucket if you don’t want to do what most of us did like madman connect from battery with fused connection.
no problem in neutral.. .. power is on that wire all the time so don't think it's the fuel pump as that only comes on with the key. Was trying to do it without going all the way to the battery. . thanks for your reply. Can you tell me where you found the wiring diagram pls

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would check the fuses and uninstall the outlet to make sure it's not something else causing the problem.

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
916 Posts
no switch

no problem in neutral.. .. power is on that wire all the time so don't think it's the fuel pump as that only comes on with the key. Was trying to do it without going all the way to the battery. . thanks for your reply. Can you tell me where you found the wiring diagram pls
it is in the service manual last page has the colors. I’ll get you the link...,

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
916 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the fault was me . Nothing to do with adding the outlet . thanx again for the diagram link

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
916 Posts
No problem!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts