Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone adjust the rear shock yet? How do you get to it?

Bike seems to ride rough. Not sure if i am bottoming out suspension or if it is just stiff. any suggestions?

·
8,693 Posts
I find it easiest to do with bike jacked all the way up(no weight on rear tire) and then take small right side plastic cover off( the one with the Star logo). Then take long slim rod and you can easily move adjustment ring. Super easy with lowering spring installed. with lowering spring- I found upper most notch(#9) the best if you have a passenger and luggage. otherwise it is bottoming out on rubber bumber on shock shaft.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
11stryker said:
I find it easiest to do with bike jacked all the way up(no weight on rear tire) and then take small right side plastic cover off( the one with the Star logo). Then take long slim rod and you can easily move adjustment ring. Super easy with lowering spring installed. with lowering spring- I found upper most notch(#9) the best if you have a passenger and luggage. otherwise it is bottoming out on rubber bumber on shock shaft.
thanks for the info...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you using for a long slim rod? The bike came with a tool but it recommends to remove the exhaust and such. Is it that much easier to move when the swingarm is unloaded?

·
8,693 Posts
I used a long ladyslipper, but just a 1/4" rod 12 inches long would work. just tap lightly with a hammer while other end of rod is against one of the holes in shock collar. And yes- almost impossible to do with supplied tools and with weight on swingarm. I will take pic this weekend and post it when I do my other mods this weekend!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried the 1/4 inch rod and that was not going to move it at all. Lift the bike off the ground still nothing with that method! Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
968 Posts
The stock shock in the factory position is stiff, unload and turn spring while you turn adjuster it helps. Unfortunately in my opinion, the bigger problem is that the factory shock dosn't have enough damping for the factory spring! So even after you lighten the preload it'll still be slightly bouncy???

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Some more rebound woild also be great. Have you guys been down a really bumpy road? It jump all over the place. I have yet to adjst my suspension at all, perhaps it could be corrected somewhat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts