Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my air intake. I already have the Cobra swept exhaust. 2 questions:
1) Does anybody have a recommendation for me?
2) Will I have to also add the programmer?
Not too much worried on cost, I just want something unique/cool and I want a little more performance.

·
Registered
650 Posts
you will need the programmer I would recommend going with the cobra fi2000r powerpro auto tuner. Not alot of people are running a different air intake yet since the programmers just came out and only a small handful have them mine is being shipped to me. Cobra has a ram air intake that I think looks good it comes in black and chrome. Low and mean has several different designs as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ordered a PM Fast Air Intake for my Stryker. Pretty expensive, but if price isn't an issue there some cool stuff out there. Requires the L&M intake adapter and a programmer. I went with the Cobra PowerPro autotuner to keep my options open.

I also like the look of the Kuryakyn hyperchargers. I've read it is possible to get the butterflys to operate on the Stryker, but haven't seen one installed yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Nickmo, I just seen P/M's ad in vtwin mag and went to their site to order an air intake, but it didn't give me any opition to order. Did you order it from the site? Btw, that thing looks awesome!

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey vdub, does that thing have a wet weather cover, I ride my bike to work a lot and here in the south the weather is unpredictable so i tend to get wet riding home quite often. Or does it even need a wet weather cover, I know some recommend it. By the way, I'd love to see any pics you've taken after the install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
StrykenShane said:
hey vdub, does that thing have a wet weather cover, I ride my bike to work a lot and here in the south the weather is unpredictable so i tend to get wet riding home quite often. Or does it even need a wet weather cover, I know some recommend it. By the way, I'd love to see any pics you've taken after the install.
Yes it does come with a rain sock

·
Registered
259 Posts
SCHIMBO said:
The Low and Mean ones look AMAZING. But i saw a few ebay filters that are alot cheaper. Who knows
Low and Mean need to get it going because the are losing money by the minute.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
StrykEd said:
SCHIMBO said:
The Low and Mean ones look AMAZING. But i saw a few ebay filters that are alot cheaper. Who knows
Low and Mean need to get it going because the are losing money by the minute.
Word That...... I Tried Hitting Them Up About Preordering Some Fork Spike Caps By Preorder End Date On 7/8 But They Never Got Back To Me?? Suxx!! Now I Gotta Pay 2x That :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts