Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Stryker XVS13CBB
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently took the plunge and bought a Stryker from a local dealer. I was initially looking for the M109 Boulevard, but I saw this and fell in love with it as well. It's being delivered today, and I can't wait!. I am a new rider, so I think this Bike was a great way to get into riding and eventually work my way up to raider or M109. Anywho, I'm happy to be joining the forums and will see some of you around I'm sure.

Oh, it's a 2012 model Stryker with the exhaust and intake upgrades. as you can see it has saddlebags, (not sure what kind), and a tinted windshield.

What are some of the things that I should do immediately for my own peace of mind where maintenance is concerned? So far on my list, I have an oil change and fork seals...

Attachments

·
Vendor
59 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @strykthematch
Congrats on your purchase and good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome, sharp looking ride! I too had been considering an M109, as well as an M90. The biggest thing that swayed me on the Stryker was that is lighter than the others. My last bike was a Vstar 1100, and until I got that bike I had forgotten how much fun lighter bikes are to ride.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your welcome! Maintenance on the Strykers isn't much different that any other bike. Along with what you mentioned, if you've never owned a liquid cooled bike make sure to check the coolant and lines, quite possible it could have original coolant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts