Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today running thru a series of sharp turns going around a mountain I scrapped my exhaust while leaning in a turn. I even have my wife on the back, she just held a little tighter. Guess I won't lean that far again at least until I get my 240 tire ;D
I've put 2,000 miles on my Stryker in 5 weeks & it still amazes me how well it hugs the road for what it is.

·
Registered
306 Posts
wow.. i hate that you messed up your pipes but those are your badges now. sweet!

·
Registered
471 Posts
LOLLLL wow!!! That is leaning!!!

By the way, your exhaust baffles are not pierced ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CoalJack said:
New pegs with Magnesium (sp?) inserts for the spark effect.
My son, his girlfriend & a couple of others were behind us and I had a spark show as it was. The drive was a blast but I do think I was pushing the limits a bit. The Stryker felt totally stable till I hit the exhaust then all it did was push us back uprite a bit. My wife was awesome as a passenger as she just held on & didn't try to move away. She wasn't even nervious afterwords but she did give me the look. LOL

·
Registered
148 Posts
midlifecrisis said:
I got so deep into a turn on Friday that I even scratched my tank. :eek:
Oh yeah? Well .... I got so low the other day that I scraped my exhaust ..... in a sharp LEFTIE .... take that !! ;D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imjoesnuffy said:
I have not even scraped a peg yet. :-[
It's all about enjoying the ride at your own pace. I tend to push the limits a little at a time then backoff a bit once I feel I've pushed maybe a little too far but I started riding motorcycles over 40 years ago.

If you do start pushing the Stryker in the turns at all remember to bring in your inside foot a bit & keep little if any pressure on the peg so if the peg does hit you won't get pushed upright then throw off your turn.

·
Registered
148 Posts
To add to Mr.Monte's advice, and one thing that works for me, is to ride with your heals down a little, below the plane of the peg. That way as you get deep in the lean, the first thing to drag will be your heal, and it gives you a little warning and perhaps you won't be as surprised when the peg drags. When you do drag one, don't freak out, just hold your line, and remember to be smooth and be careful. If you're gonna be riding in curves alot, I recommend practicing dragging your pegs in a safe spot at a lower speed, like a large open parking lot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the replies. This is my first street motorcycle. I have done the MSF Basic riders course and have logged 1400 miles in the month that I have had it. I have dragged the heel of my boot a couple times, but the way I look at it, this is a cruiser and not a corner carver. To each their own though, and I appreciate the advice. Nice to know what to expect when someone comes into my lane and evasive action is required.

·
Registered
148 Posts
imjoesnuffy said:
but the way I look at it, this is a cruiser and not a corner carver.
I couldn't agree more.... but sometimes those corners tighten up a little when they hear ya' coming, and occasionally one of them will throw you a little surprise party!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts