Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all,

In the market for a replacement battery (my fault, not the battery's, I let it sit too long without trickling or riding the bike), and I'm upping the CCA on the replacement battery to 310 amps instead of the OEM Yuasa at 270.

Yuasa's YUAM620BH is a 12v, 310cca, 18.9Ah (20 hr), factory activated and sealed unit. I'm seeing it for $81.21 with free shipping.

Niche offers a model nearly identical; 12v, 310cca, 18Ah (10 hr), but is user-activated. I'm seeing this for $55.95 and free shipping.

I'm generally suspicious anytime something seems too good to be true. Anyone out there in TV-land have first hand experience with this battery ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just installed the NICHE as your looking at.. simple to activate and priced right.. no time on it to tell of longevity.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yuasa for me. I went via Amazon and got the dry one. Activation is easy(I mean so simple a caveman can do it...). Original lasted 7+ seasons(tended in winter) and went with the higher output for a slight price bump.

Not saying that others aren't as good or better. Just figured that at like $80 OTD and if it lasts 8 seasons that is $10/season. Not even a lunch bill while out riding!! :)

I think there is a good reason that the other manufacturers use Yuasa's numbering scheme on their batteries...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts