Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people !
Wondering if anyone purchased a sissy bar / rear seat bag for their stryker recently. Got any recommendations? I am torn between the Iron Rider brute bag and a similar Kuryakyn xkursion model - both have good and bad reviews. Go figure...
Not really willing to go the saddlebag route - but still may make the weekend or week long trip so I wilk need a storage solution.
What are you using ? Working out? Regrets? Would you have purchased a different bag if you had a few more bucks kicking around?
I appreciate any comments / recommendations. Thanks !

·
Registered
788 Posts
My favourite bag has become my bikersfriend.com bag. I have the XL.

I've tried DrySpec, Givi, SW Motech... spent thousands on different bags over the years. Some of them were good, others ok. The Biker's Friend bag has been the one that I have used over and over again.

It has a remarkable amount of space, but because it is round you have to pack smart. It's really quite waterproof, have had it in many downpours. Easy to detach, carry, haul into a tent or whatever. It's durable as ****, and the back rest that comes with it is adjustable and really comfortable. I have had it on all my bikes in cross country trips a few times. It's getting a bit beat up now, and if something ever fails on it, I'll be back to order another one right away.

I used to have two of their bags, an XL and a small. The small was too small and I gave it to a buddy - it was good for raingear and a pair of goggles and not much else. The XL can fit a full face helmet in it, or two maybe.

For what it's worth, that's my experience.

I have a crazy huge sissybar a friend welded up for me mounted on my Yamaha Stryker XL backrest frame. I put a Rotopax gas can on the luggage portion of the sissybar on the back (the black rectangular thing in the pic) and my tent and such on top of that. In front of the sissybar is the Biker's Friend bag. The tank bag is SW Motech. The round thing on top of the sissybar in the pic is just my beanie helmet hung there.... That is my ideal setup - I could travel the country camping indefinitely with this rig.

I carry a bunch of bungee cords. If the weather gets too hot, I roll up my leathers and bungee them on top of the bag and have even more to lean back against.

I can head to my closet, and pack it all in less than an hour and be on the road to wherever. I store road trip essentials in the bikers friend bag... so it's always ready to go.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the input Draeger and sharing your experiences. Much appreciated. I will check out the Biker's Friend bags for sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have the stryker tall backrest and luggage rack, cant use them because i got a corbin touring seat and the passenger seat is to big now, i can sell both to you if interested?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer but I have a cobra sissy bar attached already. Intent is to put the luggage on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too have a bikerfriend xl for my stryker. Have yet to use it though as my road trip isint until late June however I am very impressed with the form and believe the function will be everything the reviews have said it will be. Definitely a great alternative to saddlebags as the lumbar support will come in handy on my long two week trip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts