Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who bought the Star Cycles passenger backrest, can it be mounted in reverse and flip the pad to the other side to create a drivers backrest? It looks like its possible without any modifications.

·
8,693 Posts
Not sure, but you might be right. Might create bad attention though unless some one needs it for a handicap. which would be understandable.

·
8,693 Posts
Thats where your wife or girlfriend riding behind would come into play. LOL I understand what your saying, but you would probably want a Royal Star or similar for long cross country cruises.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i think it would probably look aweful, if you want to be comfortable you should have bought a gold wing, just saying!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dutchs said:
i think it would probably look aweful, if you want to be comfortable you should have bought a gold wing, just saying!
and there we go... we have a wiener! 24 hrs later and I can add someone to my FU list.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry to be on your "FU" list, i am surprised that is all it took, prove me wrong and post some pictures when/if you decide to do it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A better idea would be to put the backrest on normal and find a tourpack or tank bag to go between your back and the rest, or you could make a spacer out of foam wrap it in leather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI mustang sells a seat with a built in drivers backrest. with the way the oem backrest is curved i don't think it would work very well flipped around.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
alice6 said:
FYI mustang sells a seat with a built in drivers backrest. with the way the oem backrest is curved i don't think it would work very well flipped around.
Is there a mustang setup available like that yet for the stryker

·
Registered
239 Posts
Here is the Mustang seat. just put it on today. Really nice and the backrest is removable. A lot more comfortable then the stock seat. It does push you forward a little so i guess i have to look into pushing the foot rests forward but it is still a whole lot better then the stock seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
It's a 2 piece seat. Back seat uses the production bracket in the back and you replace the front one with a new bracket which holds the back seat in place with a 1/4" nut. The front seat plugs into the new bracket in the back and snaps into the seat latch. Very easy to assemble. If you dont want the back seat you can just remove the nut and take the back seat off. I have the short backrest so you have to push the back seat between the posts but it fits.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Natedog, there are several options in motorcycle luggage that when mounted on the passenger seat create a backrest. They even include a pad that velcros to the bag for that purpose.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I came across a few of those bags (after starting this thread) and is the way I'm gonna go since it will only be required occasionally.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just ordered the saddlemen br1800 myself. I wanted something I can use for commuting to work, but also would hold enough for a weekend trip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts