Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the Cobra Slip-on muffler baffle with a louder baffle? If so, what make and size did you use?
I don't mind the stock on in the Cobra slip-on, but i want it just a little louder if possible. I know you can take out the baffle, but I want to have the back pressure

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
935 Posts
Has anyone replaced the Cobra Slip-on muffler baffle with a louder baffle? If so, what make and size did you use?
I don't mind the stock on in the Cobra slip-on, but i want it just a little louder if possible. I know you can take out the baffle, but I want to have the back pressure
If you remove the one you have now measure it, then go to JPCycles.com and in search bar type cobra baffles there is about 25 different sizes. Most are universal, and as long as you get the correct diameter, the length is where you can cheat a little. Longer would give more back pressure ( less travel for the sound and gases IMO. I’m not a professional just using logic.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you remove the one you have now measure it, then go to JPCycles.com and in search bar type cobra baffles there is about 25 different sizes. Most are universal, and as long as you get the correct diameter, the length is where you can cheat a little. Longer would give more back pressure ( less travel for the sound and gases IMO. I’m not a professional just using logic.
Thank you! I will try that. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just pulled the baffle out of my cobra slip on and didn't replace it with anything. Definitely louder and I really like the sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts