Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Birthday coming up.. Cobra Swepts?

4K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  kakarot 
#1 ·
Ok.. I am not big on looking for performance.. This is my first bike and has more then enough power but I love the looks of the Cobra Speedster Swept exhaust setup.. I was just curious on the noise level.. I currently have the stock exhaust with 4 1/2inch holes in each pipe.. How much louder are the Cobra Swept's? The exhaust as it is now sounds good but would love something louder.. I found the Cobra's at a great price (I think) of 570 shipped..

#9 ·
Larry said:
To me they are more of a quality sound, especially when used in combination with the Cobra PowerPro Air intake and PowerPro Auto Tuner.
I totally agree. I had the dealer install my Cobra pipes and auto tuner. This was their first install of all Cobra setup, they were impressed and said it was the best setup for power and performance.

#14 ·
Just installed the pipes this last weekend.

No video, even the one with the guy on the road helps understand what the sound really is like.

It is definitely louder than the video of the guy on the road though and to me deeper sounding.

I think they sound awesome! Plenty of rumble, plenty loud, you will be heard.

I don't know if I'd want it any louder, but that's just me.

My wife just looked at me when I started it up and went...really, lol

#15 ·
My cobra swepts arrive tomorrow, was a hard decision between them and the V&H, really could have gone either way and I would have been happy I imagine. I went with the GMan fuel manager myself over the autotuner.

I'm holding off on the intake at this moment, waiting for the SS Custom intakes they got coming out in a week or so - I'm hoping they are released when he indicated otherwise I'll break down and buy something else.

http://www.yamahastarstryker.com/index.php/topic,3048.msg49823.html#msg49823

#17 ·
I'm looking at the Cobra Swept exhaust as well. Seems most had it done at a shop, but did anyone do it themself and if so how hard was it? I was looking at the V&H, but they push the pegs out more (which I don't want), but I see that they are quite popular also. In fact, I was looking at ordering the Cobra's from PacificCoastStar.com since they are on sale for $519. Anyone had any experience with them? Should I spring for the intake and tuner at the same time? So many questions... I'm usually not his conflicted!

#21 ·
Manowar said:
I'm looking at the Cobra Swept exhaust as well. Seems most had it done at a shop, but did anyone do it themself and if so how hard was it? I was looking at the V&H, but they push the pegs out more (which I don't want), but I see that they are quite popular also. In fact, I was looking at ordering the Cobra's from PacificCoastStar.com since they are on sale for $519. Anyone had any experience with them? Should I spring for the intake and tuner at the same time? So many questions... I'm usually not his conflicted!
I took my best internet prices to my dealer and they matched it. They said they would match it even if they didn't do the work, but I had them do everything. I have ordered from PCS and haven't had any issues, but I did not order anything large.

#22 ·
Manowar said:
Aelway7 said:
I pulled the trigger on the cobras. Should get them tomorrow.
Congrats -- would love to hear from you once you get them installed. Aw you doing the install yourself?
I got the black swepts on my bike. I installed them myself, relatively easy job, only took maybe an hour. Make sure you get new exhaust header gaskets before install

#24 ·
j4patrice said:
Manowar said:
I took my best internet prices to my dealer and they matched it. They said they would match it even if they didn't do the work, but I had them do everything. I have ordered from PCS and haven't had any issues, but I did not order anything large.
My dealer wouldn't blink at the full retail price he quoted of $699...I even showed several sites that sell them nearly $200 cheaper! Guess I'll get them online. Where did you get the new gaskets? It doesn't look like the gaskets come with the pipes, but one would think that they should be included...can't be very expensive.

#25 ·
Manowar said:
j4patrice said:
Manowar said:
My dealer wouldn't blink at the full retail price he quoted of $699...I even showed several sites that sell them nearly $200 cheaper! Guess I'll get them online. Where did you get the new gaskets? It doesn't look like the gaskets come with the pipes, but one would think that they should be included...can't be very expensive.
Your dealer, photos and part numbers are on this site somewhere....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.