Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am tryingnto wire up the MCBK420B on my 16 and it has a fairly large amp i need to find room for. Anyone know where I can put this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
935 Posts
Without a batwing, I don’t have a good idea.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So i am tryingnto wire up the MCBK420B on my 16 and it has a fairly large amp i need to find room for. Anyone know where I can put this.

The only thing I could do was that I got a small front forks bag, put it in there and tucked it in the back under the passenger backrest and passenger seat. Doesn't look bad. I ran the wires under the seat and the inch of wires that I are showing, I used that flexible wire covering you can buy at Mircrocenter or an electronics store. I've seen people put it in a swingarm bag as well.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I'd be worried about enclosing it anywhere because of the heat it will generate. If it is weather proof, I'd make a nice bracket and put it under the lower triple trees...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I could do was that I got a small front forks bag, put it in there and tucked it in the back under the passenger backrest and passenger seat. Doesn't look bad. I ran the wires under the seat and the inch of wires that I are showing, I used that flexible wire covering you can buy at Mircrocenter or an electronics store. I've seen people put it in a swingarm bag as well.
Do you mind posting pictures or sending a link to pictures of these solutions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a flat frame piece I think behind the motor I've been thinking about mounting it there.
And anyone know how to get the seat release cover off i think it might fit under there but it has some special star bolt on mine.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
There is a flat frame piece I think behind the motor I've been thinking about mounting it there.
And anyone know how to get the seat release cover off i think it might fit under there but it has some special star bolt on mine.

You need a "security" allen wrench. Harbor Freight sells a set for like $7. So, yeah, not very secure after all!! :eek::oops:

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
935 Posts

It will not fit under that cover!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have same model, just older version. I just zip tied head unit in between the open space on handlebars. Had to mount speakers on bars anyway, so mine sits under but in between speakers. Also I have the detachable windshield, so had to mount them more on the “Y” part of bars, but it helps with the sound. HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts