Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with Boss audio systems mcbk520b or mcbk420b thoughts, recommendations looking for audio system for 2015 stryker

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone with Boss audio systems mcbk520b or mcbk420b thoughts, recommendations looking for audio system for 2015 stryker
Boss is horrible. The sound is very "boxy" and there's no low end, which I understand with a 3.5" in speaker. It's not a full range speaker and the highs aren't good on it. The JBL Cruise speakers are better, however, they aren't as loud; maybe 30 watts rms max. There really aren't any great options for our bike, unless you get hard permanent saddle bags or fairing and install speakers in them. An idea I have and am going to try in the future is getting a 4" or 5" speaker enclosure and some full range quality speakers and an amp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Boss is horrible. The sound is very "boxy" and there's no low end, which I understand with a 3.5" in speaker. It's not a full range speaker and the highs aren't good on it. The JBL Cruise speakers are better, however, they aren't as loud; maybe 30 watts rms max. There really aren't any great options for our bike, unless you get hard permanent saddle bags or fairing and install speakers in them. An idea I have and am going to try in the future is getting a 4" or 5" speaker enclosure and some full range quality speakers and an amp.
I have the 520 system, still working 2yrs now. Bluetooth w/2 speakers. It's OK Not totally crap but also not really great. I can hear it at highway speed. Adjusted the EQ on my phone to Flat & it helped. But unless you get a Batwing w/ stereo, or bags for decent speakers, they all sound the same. JMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts