Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Boy if there ever was a Harley designed for me this is it...

6K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  gator8 
#1 ·
#9 ·
skwerlee said:
I know we like to knock on the HD's around here...but in all seriousness I'd be proud to own this thing. I always loved the look and feel of the HD Night Train and this one reminds me of that bike. If it were the same price as the Stryker I would've been mighty tempted!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/blackline.html#/c/overview
That's the beauty of the Stryker. It's better looking AND cheaper. So...you're just checking out the menu?

#10 ·
This is heresey ! Sorry, I feel that wire spokes and air cooled are fine for vintage bikes but the Stryker IS way more sexier (is that a word ?) The black v-rod now is another story but the Stryker with its big 21" front wheel and big tire is way nicer (is that a word ?).
Yeah, I'm prejudiced like most of the people here but I can't help myself. It is hard not to shop around but stick with the Stryker. After all you don't want to be an adulterer, do you ? :eek:

#12 ·
I pretty much agree. Not many HD's have ever appealed to me but this one sure looks nice. I agree with the comment someone else made about the wire wheels. It might look better without wire wheels but I guess that's probably a little too V-Rod for HD and HD purists.

The price seems kind of high, too, actually.

#15 ·
Mentat said:
Buddy of mine rides a Night Train. It's probably the only HD I've ever seen that I thought "wow, I'd love to have that bike."

But then he has it up on jacks fixing major **** every other week, so maybe not.

They don't even make them any more, do they?
No they stopped making the Night Train. What year is your friends? I've heard that most HD's 2003 and newer are pretty reliable.

#18 ·
I have to agree with the other post. Wire wheels are not a look for 2012 nor for me. To retro but here is where they get you on all the upgrades I guess.

Not to hijack the thread, the Victories are sweet and the Vegas 8 ball has definitely caught my eye. I sat on a Judge and it was more similiar to the Raider where it was much more stretched out. Unfortunately the dealer I went to had just sold the Vegas 8 ball but the salesmen said the handle bars come back much farther. There are some cool videos on YouTube that compare the Victory motor against Harley that were made back in 2010. I think there are 3 or 4 in the series. Here is the first one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkFPUeNUqc. You tube will show the other related videos in the series. In the last series that actually reference that the Vrod motor is engineered very closely to the Victory motor.

#24 ·
MNSTRYKER26 said:
skwerlee said:
StrykenShane said:
I have to admit that Vision is a super nice ride, I have ridden them and they handle very nicely and have tons of power
wow that huge headlight on the vision is a little too much for me
Looks like a rocket for big round guys.
...or a unicycle with a back tire?

#25 ·
MNSTRYKER26 said:
skwerlee said:
StrykenShane said:
I have to admit that Vision is a super nice ride, I have ridden them and they handle very nicely and have tons of power
wow that huge headlight on the vision is a little too much for me
Looks like a rocket for big round guys.
Well if you checkout my pics you'll see I am a big round guy, hahahaha

#26 ·
I've always thought of you as well-rounded Shane! LOL and that is a compliment! Still going near Memphis in late August?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.