Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use this cruise control system yet? I know it's spendy, but it looks great and has received pretty good reviews.

BrakeAway Products Motorcycle Cruise Control - Cruisers *5CPO2

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have it on me M109r and love it .. a must have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Going to install one on the wifes Stryker,,,, ;D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to hear! I just ordered one... looked at it on youtube and it seem great!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I saw this a while ago and thought that the price was a little steep.... BUT... I also don't know anyone that has used one yet. If it gets good reveiws I am sure that the 180 price tag opinion may change. lol....

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ICEBOX said:
I have it on me M109r and love it .. a must have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Going to install one on the wifes Stryker,,,, ;D
Do have the Brakeaway on stock grips or aftermarket?

·
Registered
881 Posts
My buddy just showed me his today on his M109R. He is gonna find me a link, but its way smaller, and was $25..

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wes said:
My buddy just showed me his today on his M109R. He is gonna find me a link, but its way smaller, and was $25..
Whats "way smaller"?? and only $25 bucks?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Smaller as in half the width of the one you posted, and that thing doesnt stick off the right side

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wes said:
Smaller as in half the width of the one you posted, and that thing doesnt stick off the right side
I understand... was just confused...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm using this on my bike and have to say its a great product. I looked into going electronic route, but just way too much for as much as I need it. These will fit over most any grip out there..if not all. Install you have to take your time to get it adjusted right, but well worth the money. imho.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ICEBOX said:
Its the best thing on my bike ... a must have 8)... works so nice ..
Thats what I like to hear!!! Can't wait to get home and install it!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
That, I;ll call it, pocket cruise control, for 20 bucks looks like a quick fix but I don't think an inexperienced rider should use one.But I may get one or two for now because I can't see spending $400 on a pair of BrakeAways because, even though I would love to have them, I wouldn't get much usage out of them up here. There are virtually no roads flat and long enough up here. But for our summer ride they would be nice. Just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts