Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tube coming out next to the radiator/ fan... Not sure if this is supposed to be attached but looked at it and it had glue on the open end of it.... not sure if its for drainage??

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's the drain tube from the cooling system. One end is attached to the radiator overflow, the other is supposed to hang like that.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome bud. I'm in California and the bikes here have to have evap storage canisters. On my Stryker that hose comes from the fuel tank into said canister. Also on my Stryker The coolant over flow tube is just in front of the rear tire through the framework. My guess is that it's a downdraft tube for the fuel tank.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome bud. I'm in California and the bikes here have to have evap storage canisters. On my Stryker that hose comes from the fuel tank into said canister. Also on my Stryker The coolant over flow tube is just in front of the rear tire through the framework. My guess is that it's a downdraft tube for the fuel tank.
It is. It's a pressure relief line from the tank. If you look at it on a hot day you'll see a "haze" of gas vapors coming out.

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
894 Posts
Also if you fill up, to the rim extra .30 cents and it’s a hot day it will leak pretty good from there if you don’t ride it right away But that extra .30 cent can save you from pushing! Yes I know from experience!😳

1 - 9 of 9 Posts