Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2014 Stryker today and I can't find a couple parts. I'm hoping someone in here can give me some guidance. First, the bike has the Cobra swept black pipes on it. The black heat shields are very scratched up and I want to replace them. All I can find online is the entire package, not just the shields. Second, it says I should install the Cobra 92-1770CL fuel management thing to stop the popping but it is sold out or discontinued on every single website I can find. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Doubt the shields are sold separate. You could sand & paint(high temp), powdercoat or see if a place nearby can do the cresote coating.
Instead of a fuel programmer, I'd just do Ivan's Flash(search for threads on it). Does so much more and about the same cost...

·
Super Moderator
858 Posts
I have the Cobra swept black pipes on my bike and used to have the fuel tuner. I then got Ivan's flash on my ECU and it was much better. Recently yanked and threw out the fuel tuner as I didn't need it. Get the flash, forget the tuner. Your bike will run much better in all gears, get better fuel mileage, and be worry free. Those fuel tuners die (mine did) and that sucks - they are basically like adding another electronic brain to your bike which is fickle and prone to having a stroke at any time.

As far as the covers go, I would simply take them off and take em to a ceramic coating place. They will coat them with a scratch proof, temperature impervious coating. I figure you could do all of the above for around $700.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts