Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've never been a fan of the chrome accents on my 2014 Stryker and am looking at giving them an updated paint color. But before I do that I thought I would get replacement parts so I can use those and have the original set just in case I wanted to go back, or swap them out depending on my mood. Seems better to do that than respray them when I feel like a change.

Downside is that those covers (at least the OEM parts) aren't available online anywhere. I've tried 3 different vendors and they don't have them and no idea when they'll be available, my guess is never.

But figured with so many people with 3d printers these days maybe there's someone that has renderings of the parts so they can be fabricated as needed.

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
If you have a college (or even a large high school) nearby that has 3D printers for the students, I have found they love new challenges and need projects to work on. I wonder if you took a cover in and showed them whether they could print copies of it for you?

I have a friend who has had a lot of success with that approach, and had free work done for lots of car parts etc. He says it sometimes takes a few weeks, but the work is generally free. Worth a shot?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts