Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you want to replace those big bulky license plate mounts with a fender eliminator kit to clean the look of your rear end- no assembly required.... plus it's payday, so I know you can!

www.customcyclewiring.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have you used this kit? Any pics? and how was install?

Extremely easy! Everything comes prewired ready to go out of the box. All you have to do is bolt it under the fender where the OEM light is bolted on. Works perfect!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have step by step instructions on how to remove the current setup and install the new?

It comes with instructions on how to install the new one. If you want instructions on how to remove the stock OEM, let them know when you check out.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am really interested in these type of units but I’ve had some questions as to the legalities of such here in the great white north... regardless, any idea how they compare?

https://chromeglow.com/products/yamaha-stryker-fender-eliminator-kit-with-led-integrated-taillight-bar-11-14

Or:

https://lowandmean.com/product/stryker-led-brake-light-kit/

Price is the main difference. The L&M extends a little more on the sides but both look great. If you buy them from Custom Cycle Wiring, they come wired with resistors, new plug, harness and all, out of the box, no assembly required. If you buy it yourself, you're going to have to do the wiring. It all depends on your knowledge and capabilities.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price is the main difference. The L&M extends a little more on the sides but both look great. If you buy them from Custom Cycle Wiring, they come wired with resistors, new plug, harness and all, out of the box, no assembly required. If you buy it yourself, you're going to have to do the wiring. It all depends on your knowledge and capabilities.
Good to know. Being an electronics guy, the wiring doesn’t worry me but being super busy makes me want to choose the quicker easier option. Now I have to hit the law books. :yuck:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know. Being an electronics guy, the wiring doesn’t worry me but being super busy makes me want to choose the quicker easier option. Now I have to hit the law books. :yuck:

A lot of Canadian riders are using them without any legal issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good to know. Being an electronics guy, the wiring doesn’t worry me but being super busy makes me want to choose the quicker easier option. Now I have to hit the law books.
I've had the chrome glow one on my bike for 2 riding seasons without issue in AB.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts