Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
I use Armor-All car wash to wash the bike with, and use bronze wool on all the chrome for that bike show shine!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
I use that same car wash and works well, then wax it with mothers (which takes forever) and just started using this product by Lucas that is called slick mist. It is a speed wax where you shoot on and wipe off. Not intended for your main layer of protection but it keeps the bike looking clean, i only use it between waxing so the bike always has that showroom shine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
I wash my bike using a good quality car wash with wax, like Mothers or Rain x. I also use a motorcycle spray wash for the hard to get areas. Between a good waxing with Mothers Carnauba, I use Mothers Show Time. I use the spray wax on everything, paint and chrome. You can also use a glass cleaner on your exhaust to help get any grime or dirt off it. Just a little note for everyone who doesn't know or has found out the hard way. Always make sure your exhaust is cleaned before you go for a ride. This means finger prints as well. With the heat the exhaust generates the marks may be burnt into the exhaust leaving visible marks that won't come out. Of course this is for the ones without the BLACK exhaust. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
The best touch up, getting dust off, and in between waxes and washes that I have found is Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish. A can of this and a microfiber cloth is a must on trips. This stuff is great and we used to sell cases of it to everyone from Harley shops, custom bike builders, bike show guys, and ect....... Not a shameless plug as I no longer work in the motorcycle industry. I wish I did cause man I miss those deep discount prices though :'(
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,693 Posts
I use yamaha spray wash and Lucas quick wax, and those super soft cloths for polishing at Wallyworld!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
I do the 4 step wax routine.

I wash it down with soap and water. I just don't know how you can get into places where your fingers can't reach without using water. I then dry it all down with the absorber (shammy-like product) and then go over it again with a compressor blowing out every possible spot water could collect. This is the most time consuming part.

For waxing I use the Turtle Wax Black Box kit. This will only work for Raven bikes


I use the pre-wax cleaner. Let it dry and then polish it with a microfiber towel. Then the carnuba wax and let it dry and then polish. The kit comes with some black spray to help get the wax off it becomes troublesome. From the best that I can tell it's vinegar and water with something to make it black. I also use the wax on the fork tubes because it instantly hides all little nicks.

I then treat the seats, brake and clutch lines and all bags and wipe down all the chrome with a microfiber cloth. It there's anything stuck to the chrome I use the bronze wool (which I found also works great to clean my glass top stove).

This whole process seems to average about 2 hours and usually happens every weekend.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,693 Posts
HEHEHE I bought my bike to ride, not to clean. I will keep it clean, but not going to spend endless hours to have it perfect, unless I was going to a show. 5 Miles down the road or 15 minutes setting outside with slight breeze will be all dusty again anyway. Riding time is little and precious to me and I plan on enjoying it as much as I can. Before you know it the sloppy season will start here again in early November which is only 6 months away. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Every time my wife and I stop at a public place with the Raider and the Stryker it's like going to a show. We seldom go anywhere where we don't end up with a crowd around us asking questions and oogling both bikes. I like my bike clean. That's who I am. I tend to do a quick wipe down at the end of the day too.

In southern AZ there's no such thing as sloppy season.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,693 Posts
Ares said:
Every time my wife and I stop at a public place with the Raider and the Stryker it's like going to a show. We seldom go anywhere where we don't end up with a crowd around us asking questions and oogling both bikes. I like my bike clean. That's who I am. I tend to do a quick wipe down at the end of the day too.

In southern AZ there's no such thing as sloppy season.
I totally respect that and I am just jealous we have 6 months of slop and you don't. I believe in " To each his own". I was just giving my perspective. No disrespect intended. I have so little extra time running my business and all that goes with it. That in good weather would only have a few hours a nite or 1 day a weekend to do any riding. Which is my life- I know. Take Care Friend and Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
11stryker said:
Ares said:
Every time my wife and I stop at a public place with the Raider and the Stryker it's like going to a show. We seldom go anywhere where we don't end up with a crowd around us asking questions and oogling both bikes. I like my bike clean. That's who I am. I tend to do a quick wipe down at the end of the day too.

In southern AZ there's no such thing as sloppy season.
I totally respect that and I am just jealous we have 6 months of slop and you don't. I believe in " To each his own". I was just giving my perspective. No disrespect intended. I have so little extra time running my business and all that goes with it. That in good weather would only have a few hours a nite or 1 day a weekend to do any riding. Which is my life- I know. Take Care Friend and Enjoy!
No disrespect taken.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,693 Posts
Hey Ares, That Black Box product looks pretty Cool. I will locate one here and try it out. Thanks Again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
A few years back I had a 68 SS/RS 396 Camaro blk/blk the Black Box was the best thing you could buy for taking care of it!!

RSR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
11stryker said:
Hey Ares, That Black Box product looks pretty Cool. I will locate one here and try it out. Thanks Again.
I get mine at AutoZone, but I'm sure others care it and I know you can get it online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
RedStar said:
A few years back I had a 68 SS/RS 396 Camaro blk/blk the Black Box was the best thing you could buy for taking care of it!!
I would love to have that. I've always wanted a car the same age as me. I've always imagined it being a Firebird since I've owned three in my lifetime, but a Camaro would work just fine. And black on black would be perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Ares said:
RedStar said:
A few years back I had a 68 SS/RS 396 Camaro blk/blk the Black Box was the best thing you could buy for taking care of it!!
I would love to have that. I've always wanted a car the same age as me. I've always imagined it being a Firebird since I've owned three in my lifetime, but a Camaro would work just fine. And black on black would be perfect.
I'll have to try to find some pix of it, but most of them burned up in the fire, :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
RedStar said:
Ares said:
RedStar said:
A few years back I had a 68 SS/RS 396 Camaro blk/blk the Black Box was the best thing you could buy for taking care of it!!
I would love to have that. I've always wanted a car the same age as me. I've always imagined it being a Firebird since I've owned three in my lifetime, but a Camaro would work just fine. And black on black would be perfect.
I'll have to try to find some pix of it, but most of them burned up in the fire, :-\
That sucks! Sorry to hear that.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,693 Posts
Hey Ares, I found one of those Black box kits in Walmart! Will try it out this weekend. Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Something I have always used to polish the chrome is Nevr Dull. I used it first when I was in the Military and been using it for 20 years now. I have raced everything on wheels and use it on everything. It works great and uses little effort. A can of this stuff last a long time as well. You can get it at Wal Mart as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
mitymocross said:
Something I have always used to polish the chrome is Nevr Dull. I used it first when I was in the Military and been using it for 20 years now. I have raced everything on wheels and use it on everything. It works great and uses little effort. A can of this stuff last a long time as well. You can get it at Wal Mart as well.
I have used this product w/ good results myself.
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Top