Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Cobra Swept....Thinking about removing the baffles...has anyone done this that would know what it sounds like and if so will this cause any problems down the road???
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Might get you a ticket for being obnoxiously loud. Also others have complained about the cobras backfiring after the baffles were removed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Extremely loud. Imagine a straight piped HD. I wouldn't call it obnoxious, but I would call it extreme. No problems with stock air intake. If you change the intake, you'll need some kind of fuel management system. It will pop and backfire on 93 octane, but I heard it's better on 87. Haven't tried yet. I have my baffles out and love it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I pulled the baffles out of my Cobra Sweeps and it's loud, just as loud as my Softail with no baffles! I was getting some backfiring occasionally, but it's gone after installing the Cobra FI2000 auto fuel programmer!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right on guys thanks. Any problems gettin pulled over and i got a power commader 5 goin on it as wellso that should take care of any problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts