Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Stryker people,
I have a cobra 2 into one slip on muffler. I'm looking for a little less noise. I also don't like the popping on deceleration. I have Ivan's ecu flash. Has anyone tried replacing their slip on baffle with a cobra quiet baffle? If so, was it significantly quieter and did it help with decel popping? Also it's not easy to figure out which baffle fits the cobra slip on without removing the old one. I don't really want to remove the old baffle to find out the size. I've read on here that it can be a pain.

Thx. John

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m not sure about the back firing issue, as Ivan’s flash completely eliminated that for me. I also have the cobra slip on, but my air box is stock, so maybe that has something to do with it. I would reach out to Ivan and see if he has a solution. His communication with me (and pretty much anyone else to my knowledge) has been stellar.

The baffle size you’re looking for is a 2” outside diameter baffle. Some sites have it listed as a 4”, but those won’t work with our bikes. If you search, there’s a thread on here with way more detail than I could give you.

Finally, when I bought my slip on (from a fellow member here), he had already installed the Hard Kore quiet baffle, that I promptly removed. It’s been sitting on my garage shelf ever since. If you’re interested, shoot me an offer you think is fair, and I’ll likely ship it out the next day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the generous offer but shipping would be a problem as I'm in Canada. Btw I have stock air box also. I didn't notice the decel popping until I followed my bike on a friends bike. Quite noticeable when you follow behind. I didn't like the sound either. I have found the Hard Kore thread on here.
Thx for your info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for the generous offer but shipping would be a problem as I'm in Canada. Btw I have stock air box also. I didn't notice the decel popping until I followed my bike on a friends bike. Quite noticeable when you follow behind. I didn't like the sound either. I have found the Hard Kore thread on here.
Thx for your info.
If you still want to take your current baffle out to use for reference, it should be really easy to do. I like the noise, so I removed the baffle from my cobra slip on and have been cruising baffle-less. I believe it took me roughly 90 seconds to remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts