Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to modify/add anything (such as o2 sensor, or add a commander or something), or some kind of tune-up because of the EFI when using the Cobra slip-on? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do I need to modify/add anything (such as o2 sensor, or add a commander or something), or some kind of tune-up because of the EFI when using the Cobra slip-on? Thanks in advance
I've got the slip on, and have done nothing else to the bike as far as performance is concerned. It's a little lean on down shifting. Other than that, it looks and sounds great.

·
Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,090 Posts
Two things can help that!

First of you decide to get www.Ivansperformanceproducts.com tune it will eliminate the fuel cut off from the factory ass so well as re map the fuel, keep the motor cooler.

Secondly, if you are semi mechanically capable check out this topic CO Mode , I’ve done it and now still use it with Ivan’s tune.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you just change exhaust, you don't need a tuner or Ivan's flash. If you change the intake, then you do.

·
Premium Member
2012 Yamaha XVS1300CU
16 Posts
You don’t need it, but you should get Ivan’s flash anyway…so much smoother. Just a better ride all the way around IMO

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the cobra slip-on installed on my bike. Everything works as usual (with stock exhaust). Nothing changes. It is loud. I think my neighbor hates me. If I were to sell, how much should I let it go for?

·
Premium Member
2012 Yamaha XVS1300CU
16 Posts
I have the cobra slip-on installed on my bike. Everything works as usual (with stock exhaust). Nothing changes. It is loud. I think my neighbor hates me. If I were to sell, how much should I let it go for?
Depends on condition I guess. Can get new ones on Amazon for $300 w/free shipping, eBay doesn’t show any used ones a available and has several for roughly $280 w/free shipping so I guess like $175 + shipping?

·
Premium Member
2012 Yamaha XVS1300CU
16 Posts
Oh okay. probably around that number. thank you.
Where you located? I might be in the market for some black ones very soon. Totaled my 2011 on the fwy. last week (other guy’s fault) but think I’ve got the purchase of a black 2012 just about wrapped up. The ones on the totaled bike are toast. LMK

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where you located? I might be in the market for some black ones very soon. Totaled my 2011 on the fwy. last week (other guy’s fault) but think I’ve got the purchase of a black 2012 just about wrapped up. The ones on the totaled bike are toast. LMK
I am in kansas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts