Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 with the Cobra Sweep Exhaust. My question is for those of you with the Vance & Hines or other exhaust. I think the Cobra exhaust sounds great with my half helmet and just running in general.The problem is when I ride with my full face helmet on. When I wear the Full Face the exhaust notes are amplified and sound like the exhaust has no baffles (baffles are in). Certain rpm's are worse and it gets to the point of feeling like firecrackers are constantly going off in my helmet.

Do any of you experience the same ear deafening percussion in your full face helmets with different full exhausts? I have had the cobra slip on before and did not experience the same ear pounding abuse. It feels like I need to wear my ear plugs with my full face helmet. I am willing to change the exhaust, just don't want to waste my money if they all are going to blow out my ear drums with a full face on.

Attachments

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
893 Posts
I rarely have a helmet on, but when I do and I have a half shell and full face modular. I have no problems. I have V&H staggered.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a 2013 with Cobra Swept Exhaust and run a Nolan modular helmet and haven't noticed your issues. Maybe try a different helmet before changing out the exhaust. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I run Cobra Swepts and a Bell RS1 full face helmet but ride with earbuds in for music and com system so I don't have an issue. Occasionally, I will ride without the earbuds and find the exhaust too loud for me personally but then I am very conscious about hearing loss.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the exact bike and exhaust and have experienced the same issue. It’s not that it’s crazy loud, but the droning wears on me. I LOVE the sound, but with the full Shoei helmet on I get the same irritating noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the responses. I agree that at first it is not to bad, but as you ride and according to the rpm it can become extremely annoying. It is not the helmet, it does it with both of my full faces and the people I ride with refuse to get behind me if they have their full face helmet on. At least I am not the only one, now to decide on new pipes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Strange issue! I have a 2014 with the Vance & Hines twin slash cut, only "problem" I guess would be that it does have a tendency to backfire on decel at a certain speed. Beyond that it sounds beautiful. Definitely no firecracker sounds.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
All my FF helmets increase/funnel the sound. Odd but just the way it is for me. Most days it isn't too bad but things like a hangover certainly don't help!! I don't use earbuds because I have BT helmet speakers and listen to music most times riding.

I have the V&H staggered with original baffles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts