Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a question... I drained my radiator and coolant reservoir tank on my stryker, I filled the reservoir. Is there a fill hose for the radiator? what is the proper way to re-fill the system... Will it auto circulate when it reaches operating temperature? Need insight Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
atleast for cars, run it with the cap off for about 5 minutes, put radiator cap back run it at 1/4 throttle. check coolant level. You basically want to get all the air bubbles out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the service manual, didn't know it had a radiator cap hiding under the fuel tank.. I made a hose to reach without taking the tank off, and filled it. Thanks !!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Not a bad idea :confused2: (Wish I'd thought of that.) I was going to flush at 10,000 looked at it for 5 minutes, said screw it and have just kept putting it off. Thanks for the insight. Guess now I no longer have an excuse to keep waiting.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I found the service manual, didn't know it had a radiator cap hiding under the fuel tank.. I made a hose to reach without taking the tank off, and filled it. Thanks !!!
Yea I saw the fill cap when I had the tank off and thought "What a crappy place to put that..."

Can you elaborate on how you got the fill hose in there etc? A few pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, sorry to revive this but I hate dead end links or missing info. I am a certified and factory trained technician. I work for a motorcycle dealership in Tampa, Florida. I have done hundreds of these!..lol!:madgrin:

The proper way to fill or replace the coolant on your Stryker is to slowly fill a total of 2.2quarts of coolant. this will take time as the tiny hole in the thermostat lets air through until it is burped out of the fill neck. Grab front brake and rock it! Make the air come out!
When I fill the coolant I slowly fill till full, then rock the bike back and fourth, side to side. You can watch the bubbles come up. I will also fire the bike up and hold the throttle 1/4 ways for a minute. then shut it off. You will again see bubbles. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Top it off and replace the cap. I then warm it up until the thermostat opens and it will push any remaining air out. After the bike cools down, open the radiator cap and check level. fill to the top if it is low. Now your cooling system should be free of air.
Take your time when you fill.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi guys, sorry to revive this but I hate dead end links or missing info. I am a certified and factory trained technician. I work for a motorcycle dealership in Tampa, Florida. I have done hundreds of these!..lol!

The proper way to fill or replace the coolant on your Stryker is to slowly fill a total of 2.2quarts of coolant. this will take time as the tiny hole in the thermostat lets air through until it is burped out of the fill neck. Grab front brake and rock it! Make the air come out!
When I fill the coolant I slowly fill till full, then rock the bike back and fourth, side to side. You can watch the bubbles come up. I will also fire the bike up and hold the throttle 1/4 ways for a minute. then shut it off. You will again see bubbles. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Top it off and replace the cap. I then warm it up until the thermostat opens and it will push any remaining air out. After the bike cools down, open the radiator cap and check level. fill to the top if it is low. Now your cooling system should be free of air.
Do you take the tank off when doing a flush..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys, sorry to revive this but I hate dead end links or missing info. I am a certified and factory trained technician. I work for a motorcycle dealership in Tampa, Florida. I have done hundreds of these!..lol!:madgrin:

Is the gas tank off when running it or you just slide it back a bit to expose the Cap?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Coolant System Flush

I have a 2013 Stryker and would like flush my coolant system. But I can't find where the drain plug is located. My first time doing it myself. Can someone help me? Please!

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have filled through the radiator, but it seems to fill up the reservoir tank, in which case, i can't seem to put any more coolant in the radiator, in which case, i've only emptied a fifth of the coolant bottle. the coolant bottle is 1.86 liters total. i did drain the radiator also, and flushed it out a couple times. so, i don't know why, when adding coolant, it goes directly to the reservoir. any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts