Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the corbin dual touring delivered and installed today. Only put about 20 miles on it so far, but in my opinion its immediately an upgrade comfort wise, and as I've read, its only going to get better as it breaks in. Like others have said you need move the little stabilizing knob on the underside of the seat to the other hole, for the seat to fit, and you have to remove the middle seat connector that is attached to the bike. Other than that, installation was super easy! I know some people have complained about the looks of the seat but I actually like it a lot. The passenger seat is a tad high imo but that's a pretty minor negative for me. I got one backrest also and I love how easily detachable it is and how it can be used as either a driver or passenger backrest. Overall, really happy with it so far

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like a nice long-term seat. Mind sharing how much that ran you? I think my wife would like that rear seat much better than the stock one
Way more than I think a seat should cost haha. The seat cost about 750 with a discount I was able to get. It seems like the two high end seat options open to us are either Mustang or Corbin and they are both priced comparatively. For me, the Corbin was the better option

· Registered
68 Posts
Way more than I think a seat should cost haha. The seat cost about 750 with a discount I was able to get. It seems like the two high end seat options open to us are either Mustang or Corbin and they are both priced comparatively. For me, the Corbin was the better option
Yeah, like everything else, seat prices seem out of control, and there aren't many choices for the Stryker to begin with. Right now I'm trying to decide between a nice seat like yours, or something convertible with separate driver and passenger pillion.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, like everything else, seat prices seem out of control, and there aren't many choices for the Stryker to begin with. Right now I'm trying to decide between a nice seat like yours, or something convertible with separate driver and passenger pillion.
I believe mustang offers some high end seats that are convertible in that sense if you haven't already checked them out

· Administrator
‘13 Stryker
1,181 Posts
Just the corbin dual touring delivered and installed today. Only put about 20 miles on it so far, but in my opinion its immediately an upgrade comfort wise, and as I've read, its only going to get better as it breaks in. Like others have said you need move the little stabilizing knob on the underside of the seat to the other hole, for the seat to fit, and you have to remove the middle seat connector that is attached to the bike. Other than that, installation was super easy! I know some people have complained about the looks of the seat but I actually like it a lot. The passenger seat is a tad high imo but that's a pretty minor negative for me. I got one backrest also and I love how easily detachable it is and how it can be used as either a driver or passenger backrest. Overall, really happy with it so far

View attachment 124458
View attachment 124457
View attachment 124456
That looks very nice!

have had a Corbin for quite some time since 2017 and while it is more comfortable than stock not by much and much better for passenger, I paid $700 and it was worth it for my wife to have a comfy seat along with mini lowered foot boards she loves it! A tip for you if garaged when not riding I would use saddle soap or any leather conditioner twice a year if left outside then I would do this every three months, it keeps the leather supple soft and will assist in break in and prevent dry splitting. Even after 2 hr ride my back, butt, hurt! By then it time to gas up anyhow.
I will re- cover mine soon as the snake theme doesn’t fit well with the paint scheme change I made and also do a little foam or gel mod also as there are some spots down by my thigh where the Corbin logo is that just need trimmed like a high spot imo.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts