Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut out the crap under the brake light. Took it all apart and cut it with a band saw. Trimed it with a pair of tin snips. Such a clean job no sanding needed. The plastic is soft and I believe I might have been able to do the whole thing with good tin snips. ::)

Attachments

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh ya. Keep the metal plate, it holds the brake light in place. Used a 5 inch disk cutter to do the job and paited to prevent rust.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
MY said:
Oh ya. Keep the metal plate, it holds the brake light in place. Used a 5 inch disk cutter to do the job and paited to prevent rust.
Painted to prevent rust. I was to excited to remove that junk i forgot that. Gonna take it apart to do it after all!!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Miamigijs said:
MY said:
Painted to prevent rust. I was to excited to remove that junk i forgot that. Gonna take it apart to do it after all!!!
What did it look like?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KCL " What did it look like?" I guess your talking about the metal plate. The same as the photo I added, but about 5 inches longer. If you don't cut it after cutting the plastic, it will hang below the plastic and cover some of your tire which is why we're cutting it in the first place. :) RIGHT

·
Registered
407 Posts
What would need to be done if you still want the LP on the back? I thought I saw a post somewhere of someone that did it, but can't find it. :-[

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
onebadstryker said:
What would need to be done if you still want the LP on the back? I thought I saw a post somewhere of someone that did it, but can't find it. :-[

re-drill plate holes above the current light, and trim the rest...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KCL, never thought of that. Great easy idea. Not even going to post what I was thinking. I'd go your route. I think you meant to say above the current plate however.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
MY said:
KCL, never thought of that. Great easy idea. Not even going to post what I was thinking. I'd go your route. I think you meant to say above the current plate however.
no, i ment light. cut that licence plate light right out of there. its a big bulky light and takes up too much room

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh. After thinking about what you wrote, I'd do the same thing we did, cut everything under the brake light. But I wouldn't cut the metal plate. I'd install the metal plate in full, which would fall about 3 inches below the brake light and screw the license plate to that. For lighting I'd use the Kuryakyn light bolts.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
onebadstryker said:
My Life, would you happen to have any close up pics of that mod? I reeallllyyy want to get rid of the beaver tail. Thanks
theres always the option of cutting it right down and making a side mount licence plate holder. check out my pics...

1 - 20 of 113 Posts