Yamaha Star Stryker banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
immortal13 said:
Why stop there? If you're going to cut out the "crap", then cut all of that plastic off.

[img]
[/quote]

Where did you end up putting the state inspection sticker?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,thanks for the welcome to the site, really apprec!~Your bike looks awesome. Thanks for posting the type of tools you used... I'm leaning toward doing the same as you only I'm considering leaving the reflector. What's your opinion on that? Plus I've got my eye on a side license plate holder complete with Maltese Cross brake light. ( I like that you kept the original lights as they are very visible-I considered the "BlasterX" light...but I think the original lights offer better visibility). Cheers!-Carol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cut mine just like the ones above and disconnected the harness to the plate light. Now I have no brake light (or it's on constantly, not sure which). Any idea why?

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Check your brake light switch, is it activating the light and returning to deactivate it?
I ran into that little problem and it drove me batty for a while...

Most folks that know me think I'm batty ALL the time but THAT's a different thread...:madgrin::nod:

"AR"

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am in the middle of trimming the plastic down, i have about an inch left along the bottom of the brake light slot. I want to do the last bite neatly but not sure what to do next.

Used old tin snips but its it making jagged mess. Tried a hand grinder but cannot get in to the tight areas that are left.

What did you guys use to get this trimmed neatly when you looking to leave only the brake light?

How did you dress up the finished cut on the plastic?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
If you have one, a Dremel will work and leave a nice finish that just requires some light touch up with a file/sandpaper.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I did mine with a razor knife and masking tape. Used the masking tape to mask of my cut line, scored it several times with minimal pressure and final pass heavy pressure and it worked out great.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I mounted a very small LED beam light under the fender, aimed down at the license plate.
It lights up the plate at night to avoid being pulled over for no light.

I made the bracket, similar to this one and mounted it under the axle bolt...

I like the way her ass turned out !!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does anyone know if on the license plate lights, do you just splice those wires someone into the existing brake lights for power?

G

·
Does anyone know if on the license plate lights, do you just splice those wires someone into the existing brake lights for power?
You can use the tail light (not the brake light) power (unless you want the license plate light to only light when you hit the brake!), but there's already a license plate light power wire available.

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Can you take a pic of the way you mounted it and how well it light the plate? I'm curious about the clearance. Sounds like a great idea though!
The light itself is no bigger than a cigarette butt and I used a Clamp to hold it in place using the right rear inner fender fastener to mount it.
I bought a tiny 12 volt bulb at radio shack and a stainless steel LED housing to put it in.
I wired it to the stock license light wires.
It makes the plate glow just slightly which makes it legal.
It's well out of the way of the tire even lowered 1.75" and a 240 tire.

I'll see about getting some pics when the torrential rain stops here.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts