Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Cut Out The Crap

49K views 113 replies 51 participants last post by  Wchang23 
#1 ·
I cut out the crap under the brake light. Took it all apart and cut it with a band saw. Trimed it with a pair of tin snips. Such a clean job no sanding needed. The plastic is soft and I believe I might have been able to do the whole thing with good tin snips. ::)

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
KCL " What did it look like?" I guess your talking about the metal plate. The same as the photo I added, but about 5 inches longer. If you don't cut it after cutting the plastic, it will hang below the plastic and cover some of your tire which is why we're cutting it in the first place. :) RIGHT

#18 ·
Oh. After thinking about what you wrote, I'd do the same thing we did, cut everything under the brake light. But I wouldn't cut the metal plate. I'd install the metal plate in full, which would fall about 3 inches below the brake light and screw the license plate to that. For lighting I'd use the Kuryakyn light bolts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.