Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When people post links to other threads, the link ALWAYS goes to some other thread than the one they posted.

I suspect that is not true for users of the web interface as other posts indicate people are able to follow the link. I use the motorcycle.com app and the links are never right.

I used to use tapatalk on iOS 5 and it had the same problem. It irked me but I didn't complain as the OS and app were both old. Now I have the latest iOS and the latest version of the motorcycle.com app and it still fails.

Is there a reason this is not getting fixed? I can't believe it is unknown to the developers as it is so easy to reproduce.

·
Administrator
4,767 Posts
When people post links to other threads, the link ALWAYS goes to some other thread than the one they posted.

I suspect that is not true for users of the web interface as other posts indicate people are able to follow the link. I use the motorcycle.com app and the links are never right.

I used to use tapatalk on iOS 5 and it had the same problem. It irked me but I didn't complain as the OS and app were both old. Now I have the latest iOS and the latest version of the motorcycle.com app and it still fails.

Is there a reason this is not getting fixed? I can't believe it is unknown to the developers as it is so easy to reproduce.
I have same issue.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I opened a TT with the offshore team. 888-*344-6581.

I beleive the tech that is addressing this issue is named

Dumarsh Fishnutz.

I will escalate in an hour and every hour until we have resolved this for closure.

·
Administrator
178 Posts

Hi there,

I did a test on my iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3 on the motorcycle app. When I shared a thread on another thread, it directed me to the correct thread.

Can you please tell me what exact phone you have? Also can you try updating your phone again?

Since I can't duplicate the issue on my end, can you please provide me with a specific example?

Marie, Community Support

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Hi there,

I did a test on my iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3 on the motorcycle app. When I shared a thread on another thread, it directed me to the correct thread.

Can you please tell me what exact phone you have? Also can you try updating your phone again?

Since I can't duplicate the issue on my end, can you please provide me with a specific example?

Marie, Community Support
Whoa, the site administrator's a chick.....

I need to watch my mouth..;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi there,

Marie, Community Support
Actually, after posting this, I did find a thread link that worked so I guess ALWAYS was an overstatement. Let's call it "nearly always".

If you look at the thread entitled "Request: ignition switch" in the "star Stryker categories", "how-tos" folder it has a thread link to carlock's something or another thread. Follow it from the MO app and it goes to thread 101 which is not carlock's thread.

There are lots of other threads with similar problems. I suspect the problem comes from creating thread links in a certain way using the web UI. Creating and following the link from one UI is far from thorough testing.

I am running iOS 8.3 on an iPad 4 using version 3.6.30 of the motorcycle.com free app.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I suspect that the links that don't work right are from content before the change to vBulletin.

·
Administrator
178 Posts
This is possible. If you have a link to a page with a link that does not work as it should we can try to verify that its content from before the site cut over.

-Philip

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi there,

Marie, Community Support

I confirmed that the web UI does follow the link correctly: both the href and the description match one for one. The app however, seems to try to translate the URL into a parameterized shortened URL- and fails in the process.

·
Administrator
178 Posts
I confirmed that the web UI does follow the link correctly: both the href and the description match one for one. The app however, seems to try to translate the URL into a parameterized shortened URL- and fails in the process.
Can you copy the URL or take a screenshot of the translated URL?

-Marie, Community Support

·
8,693 Posts
Does ANYBODY else understand any of this conversation???
Only thing I understand is Marie does want to help and has a sense of humor! Now Marie- Can you give me more picture space so I don't have to remove an old picture before I can post a new one.?:)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts