Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of shopping around for financing and trying to sell my Honda Shadow so I can get a Stryker. The Yamaha Dealer in my town only has one Stryker and it's not even in their system. Something about it was moved around from another store and they're basically just babysitting it till they ship it back to the other store... I dunno, just what the guy told me.
It's Blue, And I really want the Raven one. I was just happy to finally be able to sit on one to see how it felt even tho it wasn't the color I was interested in.
I went ahead and tried to get approved for financing with this dealership for several reasons. 1 was just to see if I'd get approved and what kind of APR I'd get, and 2, to light a fire under their ass to find me a Raven one.

Problem is, they say they can't get **** near ANYTHING because they made their order for the year already. So the only way they can get any is if they find one elsewhere and can convince them to ship it over to them.
The closest I'm finding a Raven Stryker is right outside of Houston. This place has about 4 or 5 in stock.
Did anyone else have to travel a good bit just to find one of these things? I'm willing to bet when I get mine by the end of the year I might be the only guy in Louisiana with one.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I told my dealer (5 hours away) on a Monday that i was coming up on Friday on the bus and was leaving with a stryker. He didn't have a Raven one on the floor. He ordered one Tuesday from Yamaha and it arrived Thursday and was assembled by the time I got there. He picked me up from the bus stop. We signed a couple of papers and I road into the sun set for what was a 7 hour ride home. Yamaha does do their yearly order thing. but they can always order more if its in the warehouse they get it from.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Normally I wouldn't jump through hoops and travel abroad just for a motorcycle, but the Stryker's just kind of peaked my interest in buying a new bike. I was previously in the market for an '05ish VTX 1300, or anything around that size that was around 4-6 grand.

Oh yeah, Houston is about 3-1/2 to 4 hours from me. Not too much of a drive. I'm tempted to take a drive up there one weekend just to check em out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
When I bought mine there were only 2 Raven's left in Western Canada. I had a 6 hour drive to go pick it up. Called the dealer and told him to hang a sold sign on it and that I'd be there in the morning to pick her up!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Raven said:
When I bought mine there were only 2 Raven's left in Western Canada. I had a 6 hour drive to go pick it up. Called the dealer and told him to hang a sold sign on it and that I'd be there in the morning to pick her up!

i can relate to that im glad i have one of the few from western canada

·
8,694 Posts
Yea 25 minutes and 20 miles away!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I live in Southern California and lucky for me, there are alot of fully stalked dealerships in my area, sounds like he may want you to just get the blue one, get a name ,and city of a dealer that has one, and tell him your giving them your business cause they have the bike you want, you will have your raven in a week, that will make them get a fire under their a$$..... good luck keep us posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
richard3 said:
I live in Southern California and lucky for me, there are alot of fully stalked dealerships in my area, sounds like he may want you to just get the blue one, get a name ,and city of a dealer that has one, and tell him your giving them your business cause they have the bike you want, you will have your raven in a week, that will make them get a fire under their a$$..... good luck keep us posted.

Yeah I hear ya. Like I said, this was part of the reason I wanted to see about financing with them. I KNEW I'd have trouble finding a Raven near me... So if I was approved to finance thru the dealership, they'd be more inclined to actually locate me one and get it in their hands. I'd gladly pay some of the costs to get it here.....But a few hours of riding it back home would still be fun. I see them advertised for $9,999 in the Houston area. I'm really tempted to walk into my local place and tell them I'm about to take a weekend trip there, along with my check from my credit union proving that I mean business.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I wasent even shopping, i pulled in a dealer i passed to decide if i wanted a cruiser or sport bike, i said, wow thats the only cruiser i would own. sat on it and i was in love. that dealer gave me some attitude so i drove 20 miles to the next Yamaha dealer and bought it on the spot, Did i mention it was my 21st birthday too. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts