Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw boolshot's mini saddle bags a while back and started devising a plan for something similar. Cept I didn't want to mess with the look of the fender struts - and only needed something small for daily use.

I decided to hang a bracket off the buddy peg brackets and put some 8" River Road windshield bags on em. I used 1/8" aluminum 3/4" angle with some 1/8" aluminum 1" flat stock. Painted black and used mini bungee cords to keep em in place:

· Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big pics

I bought the 12" River Road tool bags too for longer trips. I am making a longer bracket for them with three pieces of flat stock uprights. Here is the tool bag on the shorter bracket - for comparison.

FTR - phat performance parts has the best price on these bags: $11 for the littluns and $21 for the biguns

· Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Completed phase II: mounted the larger bags. I will likely leave these on. Although they are a PITA to open compared to the Velcro closure on the smaller ones, they do hold a lot more.

I am really happy with the clean look.

· Registered
755 Posts
I really like this look =) If I didn't need to carry so much stuff I would be bugging you for brackets ;) but I do need larger bags...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.