Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
893 Posts
I attempted mounting my own tires but... I scratch the heck out of my rims. I learned a lesson pay the $30 bucks it's cheaper than a new rim.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I replaced the rear tire myself on my previous bike once. Once was all it took for me to realize it's not worth that much effort when I can pay someone $25-30 to do it for me. I can't imagine trying to do it with a tire with as little sidewall as the stock 210 or 240 have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I changed myself. Ships around me charged $150 for tire change. Anyway. Put gorilla tape on spoons those protectors are useless. I do scratch rim on inside though in couple of spots. Have not use zip ties but I used gorilla tape when put new tire. Make sure to warm tires up. Just put them on sun. I used dish soap mix with water as lubricant. Take your time and make sure tires goes proper way. They are directional. I cannot dress this enough :(. I’ve had to dismount and put back on. Also there is usually red or yellow dot on the tire it should be lined up with stem valve. Then you will need to balance. I used static balancer from harbor freight. Works great.

Check this video

https://youtu.be/dAKIuSjPXxA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
893 Posts
I changed myself. Ships around me charged $150 for tire change. Anyway. Put gorilla tape on spoons those protectors are useless. I do scratch rim on inside though in couple of spots. Have not use zip ties but I used gorilla tape when put new tire. Make sure to warm tires up. Just put them on sun. I used dish soap mix with water as lubricant. Take your time and make sure tires goes proper way. They are directional. I cannot dress this enough :(. I’ve had to dismount and put back on. Also there is usually red or yellow dot on the tire it should be lined up with stem valve. Then you will need to balance. I used static balancer from harbor freight. Works great.

Check this video

https://youtu.be/dAKIuSjPXxA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep eye on pressure as I had slow leaks even with bead sealer installed and scratches fixed best they could. It was a PITA to ad air twice a week only two psi but i'm anal about that stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts