Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking of purchasing the Holy Shift from Mr. Groove he calls it the “game changer”.
Is anyone still using it? Do your recommend the product or did you have any issues with it?
Thanks in advance for your feedback

·
Registered
381 Posts
I’m thinking of purchasing the Holy Shift from Mr. Groove he calls it the “game changer”.
Is anyone still using it? Do your recommend the product or did you have any issues with it?
Thanks in advance for your feedback
I have had mine since he came out with it and still love it till this day

It's awesome in traffic and the canyons and I love the fact that I don't have to move my foot around

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pain to get dialed in, awesome once it is. Also, in order to get the quick adjust cam tight enough to hold it in place, I had to tighten it down to the point it was stretching the bolt, so I switched to the full size bolt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pain to get dialed in, awesome once it is. Also, in order to get the quick adjust cam tight enough to hold it in place, I had to tighten it down to the point it was stretching the bolt, so I switched to the full size bolt.
Erich and Jaker, can you tell me if it is necessary to drill holes or modify the bike in any way to install the Holy Shift?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Erich and Jaker, can you tell me if it is necessary to drill holes or modify the bike in any way to install the Holy Shift?
I don't know if anything change since then , but you had to cut off your stock shifter and drill a hole in it to mount the holy shift to the shift lever

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have one and still haven't installed it. Up for sale in classifieds. yes, you will have to cut off stock shift and brake pedals, drill holes and optionally tap the holes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if anything change since then , but you had to cut off your stock shifter and drill a hole in it to mount the holy shift to the shift lever
This is disappointing information; I did not know you had to modify the bike. This is a deal breaker. I’m not willing to modify my bike to determine later if I like a third party product or not.
Thanks for the information guys

Also thanks to the guys who sent me a PM, I didn’t know there were so many issues.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The way you have to modify for the Holy Shift is the same as you will have to modify if you want to do anything with the shift and brake pegs other than just putting a cover on them. If you don't like the Holy shift, you would be able to replace it with pretty much any HD compatible aftermarket shift peg (assuming you tap the hole).

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is disappointing information; I did not know you had to modify the bike. This is a deal breaker. I’m not willing to modify my bike to determine later if I like a third party product or not.
Thanks for the information guys

Also thanks to the guys who sent me a PM, I didn’t know there were so many issues.
I was really hesitant to modify my bike as well but I decided to go for it and the only decision that made me happier was buying the bike.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Mr.Groove will hopefully get the Stryker levers back instock one day too. this would enable you to replace the whole lever assembly too with something nice and custom. Once I can get both levers and holyshift pegs (brakes and clutch) I'll definitely jump on it. I dont think I've heard anything but good things about this product either...

·
Registered
62 Posts
He's hoping to have the shift levers by the spring I believe. I can't wait to order those either. The shift is awesome just want to make it all match

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put a Holy Shift on my Raider and would never go back. Until I knew that would be the case, I bought a second shift lever on eBay and kept the original. I drilled out the peg and ground the boss down and angled it slightly so the HS would be kind of aimed at me. I also went to a permanent bolt mount with star washers against the aluminum to lock it in place. You can swing your foot out or ride with it in the sweet spot. You never have to take your foot off the peg, IT'S NICE!!

Spring.....
they say close to 60 this weekend in Minnesota
first ride this year was Feb 21, unreal

·
Registered
89 Posts
It took 7 months to get. My installer, ac cycle center, had a problem getting it dialed in and didn`T have much faith in adjusting mechanism so was put in a fixed position for me still works great !!! Have rocker on other bike an was use to that. Have 2nd generation holy shift love it !

·
Registered
381 Posts
It took 7 months to get. My installer, ac cycle center, had a problem getting it dialed in and didn`T have much faith in adjusting mechanism so was put in a fixed position for me still works great !!! Have rocker on other bike an was use to that. Have 2nd generation holy shift love it !
You can't have someone else adjust something that is made for your foot and riding style

As far as not trusting it I got 20k miles of banging though gears and it has never moved

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone using these that can provide a long term use review? Anyone using them with forward controls/mini-boards?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts