Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have noticed that the Stryker in stock form has a serious lean on the kick stand, those making the bike a little heavy to standup from the kick stand.

Does this bother anyone else? We do know when lowering the bike this issue is less noticeable and almost gone. We might make a simple piece to help fix this issue but want to hear some feedback first.

LM

·
Registered
468 Posts
Low said:
We have noticed that the Stryker in stock form has a serious lean on the kick stand, those making the bike a little heavy to standup from the kick stand.

Does this bother anyone else? We do know when lowering the bike this issue is less noticeable and almost gone. We might make a simple piece to help fix this issue but want to hear some feedback first.

LM
This seems to be a perfect excuse to lower it. ;D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Low said:
I can't say I've noticed that.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've noticed it on Desiree's. It leans over way more than my Raider. I also noticed that when it's on the kickstand the front wheel does not like to stay centered and will automatically turn into the lean. I park my Raider with the wheel straight all the time. I don't think I can do that with her Stryker.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, I have noticed an extreme lean. I have to be careful when I am parking near the wall at work so that I don't hit my mirror. It is a bit harder to stand up than other bikes I've had.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It does lean more than a HD but so did my previous bike (Suzuki C109RT) and that one weighed almost 900 lbs. It took a deliberate grip too pull it up off the stand. I had people sit on it and I said "go ahead and lift it off the stand", they couldn't or were scared too.
This being said, my Stryker is just the right size. It seems bigger than a midsize but smaller than the mega cruisers.
Bro Bill

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
this is one downfall to the stryker, there are guys who
would like to get this bike for their wife and they sit on
to lift it and everyone Ive seen said it was too hard to
stand up.....the lowered ones were easier

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have yet to have a problem lifting mine. As far as the lean its not bad, the lean is no more than my husbands 1600 nomad.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
There were like 4 different women that sat on the stock stryker at the yamaha
tent and didn't like it cuz it was heavy......I was really hoping they would like it.
So there were a couple customs by BMS there that were lowered and they liked
them much better. Personally, I like the feel of the bike and was disappointed
they didn't.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Desiree has stated numerous times that she doesn't have as much trouble moving it around (like backing up) as she thought she would. It's balanced really well. Much like the Raider.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Like Ares-X says... Haven't noticed much difference lifting it from my 650. It does lean quite a bit more but I haven't had any problems. I do notice that it is a lot easier to maneuver at slow speeds than my 650 was. Even got a compliment on how easy that I make it look moving around a gas station bumps dips and all. As for backing it up I have had to get used to pushing it uphill backward. That is the only time I notice the difference in weight.

·
8,693 Posts
Have you all seen the Large Dealer Poster of the Stryker? It has a 1" spacer under kickstand for all poses!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I love my Stryker . . . . . but the extra lean is a bit of a pain. I would be interested in a simple mod that would bring it up a little. For now I am not interested in lowering the bike otherwise.

·
Registered
334 Posts
11stryker said:
Have you all seen the Large Dealer Poster of the Stryker? It has a 1" spacer under kickstand for all poses!
That's funny. Before installing the chin spoiler on Desiree's, I chocked the front wheel to make sure it wouldn't slide back over and cause us to scratch anything.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts