Yamaha Star Stryker banner

drag bar

7K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  straightjacket 
#1 ·
I've searched but found old posting of members trying to changes there handle bars back a couple of years ago. The issue is I hurt my lower back several yrs ago and sitting upright for a long period of time starts to get very uncomfortable. With my back bent 2 to 4" forward feels so much better. Has anyone put a drag bar on lined up vertical with the forks or at least close to vertical?

#3 ·
Yea Sj, I think I found that thread. It was brought up in 2011. But there was no other conclusion if he was able to find or even establish to put one on...saw some on PCS but would rather see if anyone was able to put one on..

#6 ·
mikoloe said:
I have some 12" apes I will install soon, they will lean foward. I will let you know.
4 inch risers.
Are you using the deepsickness apes from Meancycles??? Those would look. Great on our bikes!! :)

#8 ·
Myself I'm looking more standard stock look as it looks now, but more straight vertical look with the forks without any pullbacks. I'll be satisfied with 2 to 3" pullback and that should give me the relief I'm looking for, for my back.. but I'm very curious how the apes will look. Get it done, send the pics...

#9 ·
mikoloe said:
I ordered these in black. http://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=220084

I thought about the deepsickness apes but then it would cost me more to have custom mirrors made to make them look like boobs. Yes, I said that!
Well, then, take a look at these... just insert mirrors and posts. ;). Lmao!!! And yes, I responded that!!! ;)
J&P Cycles® ‘Breast’ Gas Cap Cover, J&P Part: 7200690!!!

#11 ·
zona said:
I've searched but found old posting of members trying to changes there handle bars back a couple of years ago. The issue is I hurt my lower back several yrs ago and sitting upright for a long period of time starts to get very uncomfortable. With my back bent 2 to 4" forward feels so much better. Has anyone put a drag bar on lined up vertical with the forks or at least close to vertical?
I have the same problem, and have been thinking the same thing since I got the bike.

#13 ·
_M_ said:
zona said:
I have the same problem, and have been thinking the same thing since I got the bike.
No injury here, but I was born with spinal kyphosis, I look like the letter C when I ride, lol. But the bars are comfy for me if I lean forward, there is a comfy bend in my elbows, and my knees are bent, so my body fits the bike well. Can you scoot forward a little bit in the seat and then scrunch down to get the bend in your back??

#14 ·
Yea I've tried different seatings and they all feel uncomfortable. Move up towards the seat makes my legs feel funny shifting for being to close. Sitting at the very back edge of the seat causes me to bend over slightly and it does feel somewhat comphy but as the ride continues I find myself sitting upright cause of that sting. Kinda sucks

#17 ·
ROADKILL said:
Really glad this topic wasn't what I thought it was about.
ya was that last post about the sitting positions in a drag bar. :eek: Sorry I couldn't resist that one

#18 ·
mikoloe said:
I ordered these in black. http://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=220084

I thought about the deepsickness apes but then it would cost me more to have custom mirrors made to make them look like boobs. Yes, I said that!
nice but wow... expensive.
i think the biltwell 8" chumps or the breezers would work well with the stryker.
check 'em out here (and nicely priced for the working man, or woman)
http://www.biltwellinc.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=1

#24 ·
I would start by just slowly stepping on the right side at the bend, bounce a little and measure? Measure at the bend until the height is the same on both sides. If your going for a drag bar look, you could just cut them off flush with the gauge and weld back on the straight section. I doubt the welded lower section is bent? It would be pretty easy to turn those into a drag style bar if you still wanted to keep a little height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.